Recommend Excursions?

kmk621

Feb 25, 2008
Hi everyone, I will be traveling to Punta Cana March 14-21 (part of this is Semana Santa). Does anyone have an exursion to recommend? We like to go off the resort and see some of the countryside/culture. Thanks!

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
I agree with the Monster Truck Safari and Ive heard really good things about the ATV excursion although Ive never done it myself. Have fun!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Head to Saona Island for the day........

It's a good trip altho' you won't see much of the countryside....just shoreline and mangroves!;)

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Hi,
You could try Zip-Lines Adventures, you get to see a lot of countryside.

Have Fun.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for Snorkel excursions the mentioned Tropical Storm is a good outfit,
the Marinarium is doing good service on very big crowds,
for smaller crowds the Patatatu Sail Catamaran is the best option for a snorkel tour 4hrs.
have fun
Mike

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Hello ,,I was in the DR last month and went on the Safari Outback tour ,,it was GREAT well worth the money ,,and you got to see and experience a little bit of everything ,, the tour guides were alot of fun and ,showed us interesting things ,and shared facts along the way,each activity was a great experience,,if you do decide on this one ,,you will stop at a school house they welcome school supplies ( the $ store has a ton of this sort of thing) also i found taking some candy was appreciated also...

kmk621

Feb 25, 2008
thanks! does anyone know how many people are in the outback safari tour? is it a huge bus or a smaller group?

dsichewski

Mar 1, 2008
I'm going the week after you, 21-28...Hope you have a great time! I've read in a few forums and such that the out back safari and the 4x4 excursions are really good... I think me and my friends are looking to do the zipnline and catamarane attractions for sure and maybe others as well while there....I wish there was something like the 27 waterfalls down in the punta cana area...I would Love to do some hiking and cave/ waterfall explorations but I can't seem to find anything.

kmk621

Feb 25, 2008
I've been looking at the excursions and came across something called Fun Fun Cave that may appeal to you- it sounds sort of strange, but the person on trip advisor really liked it. Hope you have a great time!