Plastic Surgery in a Developing 3rd World Country?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Does it exist? I have seen a few girls and dancers that look like they have had surgery..and I have even seen some lips that were rolled (Meg Ryan style)
just wondering if they perform those surgeries in DR?

:surprised

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Now this question doesn't belong here so I'll move it to the living section

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, there are some very successful and talented plastic surgeons here, both in Santiago and Santo Domingo. However, there are also some really bad ones, so always check and double check before doing anything.

HB

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
HB that is interesting, and the costs of these surgeries? I know here we can finance a boob job, "monthly payments" but the costs are insaine $10,000.

Do you know if its mostly foreigners that are getting the procedures done? I have seen documentaries on people having this kind of work done, for very little money, DR Was not one of the featured destinations but i wonder if it's been done!

Jan 5, 2006
There is no shortage of patients for plastic surgery, and from what I've seen, it is mostly locals. There are some foreigners, but I would say that percentage wise, it is less than 25%.

For foreigners, there are better options than DR in terms of pricing and quality. Example: a breast enlargement procedure in DR costs $3,000 USD + the cost of medications and follow-up care. For the same $3,000 USD, you get transportation, and a week in an aftercare house, including nurses, medications, etc., in Colombia. Colombian plastic surgeons and hospitals are better regarded than their Dominican counterparts.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Thanks for the info, i appreciate it. Gravity and I are still on good terms...but a little bo tox cant hurt! I have never had it done, but if it's much cheaper I may consider it.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Does it exist? I have seen a few girls and dancers that look like they have had surgery..and I have even seen some lips that were rolled (Meg Ryan style)
just wondering if they perform those surgeries in DR?

:surprised

It seems to be an upcoming market. I've had several clients here at Costa del Sol who were recovering from such surgeries and were pleased with the results.
If you're interested I can recommend you a very good surgeon, just PM me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know several people (dominicans) who had "work done", all in DR. all satisfied with results.