Ought you to be CERTIFIED????

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Attn all golfers. (or other naturally kind hearted souls!!).

About 5 months ago I was approached by a Dominican Golfing Pro at one of the courses here on the north coast asking if I could help him get a visa to England. After a bit of investigation I found it was because he wanted to improve his prospects for advancement in golf tuition as a Profession. He & I looked at many possibilities (often hitting brick walls!!) trying to link QUALITY with what he could afford!! As a result of further general discussion, I have now found a caddy who is trying to better his life chances. Between us we have agreed a suitable package & by bringing the chosen teacher/organisation out to the DR, it is now one the two of them can just about afford .

The organization chosen is called European Golf Teachers Federation. EGTF is presently putting a course together & are booked to come at the end of March/early April to run a Golf Teachers Course where an accredited Certificate will be awarded to all who meet the correct level of competence.

So, my questions to you are:
Are you interested in maybe teaching golf as a means of earning extra income?
Can you spare a week from your busy schedule to learn how to do this?
Can you shoot a round of golf at Playa Grande (par 72) at under 85?
By inviting the EGTF teacher to run the course here in the DR we are able to keep the price per person to MAXIMUM US $2,500 (more attendees = less individual cost). You find your own accommodation (if required) & transportation to Playa Grande course ? I understand that all course materials will be included. I am not at this moment able to confirm whether coffee & biscuits etc will be included, I am working on that!!

If we get more attendees I am hopeful (nay ?.. certain) that the price per person will reduce somewhat. Presently the cost of EGTF teacher's flight & hotel room is being funded by the two Dominicans already ON the course; additional attendees will defray these costs accordingly.

NOT interested in learning to teach golf?

Then how about making a donation to the two Dominican golfers training costs? Any/ALL contributions will be split between the two of them ? you send US $50.00, they will get US $25 each set against their outlay. Donations can be by cash, cheque or PayPal ? PM me for details of the latter.

I will gladly supply a full audit of donations received & will advise you the names of the receivers so you can check they are in receipt of your donation!!

PLEASE NOTE ?.. Neither the present two Dominicans nor I are making any money out of this, it is NOT a profit making deal for anyone (other than the teacher/examiner). This request is simply to raise some donations for two very nice golfing friends to improve their lot in life, get accreditation & then pass the benefits of what they have learned on to Dominican children ? some of whom must come from deprived homes!!

I will gladly put the names of attendees & donators on to this thread if I have the permission of those wishing to attend/donate ? otherwise I won?t!!

Okay, let me see the colour of your money & what you can do with your balls!! ~ Grahame.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The 85 is for 9 holes, right?

I'm in...:cheeky:;):bunny:

(I could use me some ongoing DR golf lessons, so I hope lot's of folks sign up...)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The 85 is for 9 holes, right?

I'm in...:cheeky:;):bunny:

(I could use me some ongoing DR golf lessons, so I hope lot's of folks sign up...)
I am sure Ramon & Luis will give you the BULK purchase discount you will need for lessons CB :cheeky:

The DRESS code (including matching accessories) is part of future golf lessons by these lads & I am advising them on what should be considered 'desired etiquette'!!:ermm::chinese: ~ Grahame.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm in, Bushman.
Buzz me up when you have a chance.

PS: I should have been a bit more specific.
I mean I'm for the donation.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I am sure Ramon & Luis will give you the BULK purchase discount you will need for lessons CB :cheeky:

The DRESS code (including matching accessories) is part of future golf lessons by these lads & I am advising them on what should be considered 'desired etiquette'!!:ermm::chinese: ~ Grahame.
I'll bring my cart:

monster-golf-cart.jpg

And enough proper clothing for all, at a small price...:cheeky::

pants-761654.jpg

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I'll bring my cart:

monster-golf-cart.jpg

pants-761654.jpg
I like them, I LIKE them ............. I LOVE them!!!

Matching club grips to boot!!! If they do them in sizes of 38" & 42" waists I give you this mental image ...............
Hillbilly & I walking up the 18th fairway @ Santiago dressed in those pants!! The girls would be fighting each other to get to us more than they do at the moment (or is that to get AWAY from us - never was sure!!!:ermm: ): cheeky: ;)

Now if they were to do those in PURPLE to match the feather Boa ............ ~ Grahame.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Ramon

BB, is the Ramon you refer to as being at Playa Dorado the same as Ramon who has been at Playa Grande, Jon's good friend?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
BB, is the Ramon you refer to as being at Playa Dorado the same as Ramon who has been at Playa Grande, Jon's good friend?

Not as far as I am aware drT. This Ramon has been at Playa Dorada for some 15 years that I know of - he was best friend to my caddy back in those days, Ignacio. Ramon HAS played at Playa Grande & even caddied for some regular Canadian visitors (John Colantino & Davey) but he has not WORKED there as a regular caddy to the best of my knowledge!

Thick set guy but NOT fat in the slightest & judging from the couple of scars on his face, a GOOD guy to have on your side if a fight should ever start out!!:ermm::eek:gre:

Is there NO ONE looking to take up Golf Tuition as full time (or even Part time) employment?? Hmmm, maybe I should consider this myself (or you could all pay the lads a donation for me NOT to take up golf teaching)!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I'll bring my cart:

monster-golf-cart.jpg

pants-761654.jpg

JINGS ...:surprised......:ermm:.. I've just seen the cost of those pants on their website!!! I reckon a trip down to Casa Nelson (for the short pants) & my tailor here in PoP (for the long pants) is in order. I could get one of EACH AND a round of golf at Playa Grande for the price Loudmouth are charging for the longs!:cheeky:! ~ Grahame.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
While the 85 is doable, don't think my business could handle me not being there for our most busy months. Mark me down as a contributor, will pay upon arrival, adding another item to our exchange. BTW- Luis from PG- did he used to work at PD before taking the starters job at PG, maybe 8 yrs ago?

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
While the 85 is doable, don't think my business could handle me not being there for our most busy months. Mark me down as a contributor, will pay upon arrival, adding another item to our exchange. BTW- Luis from PG- did he used to work at PD before taking the starters job at PG, maybe 8 yrs ago?
Thanks for the 'Future Contribution' Randy - I really hope that this teachers course with Certificate at the end will set Ramon & Luis on the road to financial security by allowing thm to get better positions within Golf Teaching & management.

Yes, I believe Luis used to work at Playa Dorada when you & I were just todlers!!:cheeky: He IS involved as the dtarter at Playa Grande but he also has the Asst. Pro's job there. He knows his stuff & can certainly play a mean game of golf - his problem is NO recognised qualification on which to apply for FULL Pro position at one of the new courses being built down south. Those positions are going to golfers from OUTSIDE the country who have been able to obtain training & qualifications.

So now that we have a few green-backs promised I'll get the PayPal thing organised. I have never done this before so may not get it right first time - bear with me please.

If anyone else wants information on how to contribute, please drop me an e-mail or PM or mention your intentions here & I'll contact you. ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Grahame,
Good effort here, let me know what I can do...

Thanks CFA -
couple of million U$D into MY bank account wouldn't go astray!! :pirate::cheeky:

Would all those who have written to me stating they would be prepared to send a PayPal donation for the guys mentioned above, PLEASE PM or e-mail me with your e-mail address stating the donation amount? I will then forward a PayPal request directly to you which is quick & simple to fill in!!

The training course will be a 6 day event at Playa Grande starting Tuesday 1st April. There will be 2 rounds on the course where ONE round has to be at 85 shots or less - which well & truly rules ME out! I will be attending for the beer & cheap golf lessons only!! There will be practice/instructional sessions most days with the instructor (coming from England) & class sessions 3 other days in a classroom environment. Cost for the whole 6 days will be US $2,000 per attendee (less if we get 3 more attendees!!).

If you are interested in obtaining a certification for golf instruction, please let me know urgently as we will be closing this by Friday 21st March. If you want to brush up your game with some 'instruction/lessons' by being a 'student' for the course attendees to practice their instructional capabilities on, let me know which days you want to be taught by the course attendees & I'll advise you what hours will be available on those days. You can join me in having inexpensive Golf Lessons whilst the attendees to the course get assessed on their training techniques!! Price for this is likely to be US $35.00 per hour.

Hope to see you there ~ Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh man Bushy, would you mind me taking those photos that makes this whole screen funny and resizing them? I might be tempted to put a square or dot where no 'enhancement' is needed, but anyway .. this screen is too scrollable in the vertical. I've always favored height on the horizontal.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have not posted any pictures Chris - are you referring to those posted by Festero or the ones from Cobraboy? I have no objection to resizing as long as they don't but I must advise you that there are NO funny screen shots on my computer when displaying these!! ~ Grahame.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Final Update (until it is all over!!)

I think this will be my final update until the course is finished.

Teaching begins on Tuesday 1st April at Playa Grande Golf course. The European Golf Teachers Federation has been charged with organising the course & is sending a teacher out on Monday 13st March. The total cost including hotel, flight & instruction will be US $4,900 which is to be shared by the two applicants/attendees to the course - Ramon from Playa Dorada & Luis at Playa Grande. The course will last until Sunday 6th April evening when hopefully Certificates will be issued to those passing with flying colours!

Should there be any more applicants/attendees, the overall cost will increase slightly but the individual cost will drop considerably!! Pledges so far are at US $200.

Would those who have pledged donations so far please send me an e-mail or PM advising amounts you want to donate? Those who have not yet done so but would like to pledge something, please do likewise. Anyone who wants to get involved as an applicant/attendee please get hold of me URGENTLY so that I can forward you course details & time-scales!!

Hopefully Ramon & Luis will be in a position to thank you personally on the golf course shortly!! ~ Grahame.