Bed Mattress - Where to Buy?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Hello Forum,

I need to purchase a mattress for a bed, a double or twin size will do.

Can anyone recommend a place to buy a mattress for a reasonable price?

I don't mind traveling to Santiago or Santo Domingo.

Also, is it possible to purchase an Air Mattress in the DR?

Any assistance provided is appreciated.

Thanks.

Vibe

J

John Evans

theres a shop on the corner where you turn to moca coming from carburetta that has all sizes of matresses even huge ones at reasonable prices

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
There are many places in Puerto Plata. We bought a king, and two queens at a store in Sosua Abajo and of course there is price mart among other places in Santiago.

BobK

J

John Evans

in fact they are probably the easiest furniture to find ...and the most reasonably priced

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
For mattresses I found Pricesmart to be out of line in terms of price. You can do much better!

J

John Evans

decent cheap bathroom cupboards are another matter - either plastic or astronomical prices

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
So where is the best place to buy mattresses in Santiago if its not pricesmart? I can't imagine the mattress store in plaza internacional is very cheap.. any recommendations?

lcanale1

Feb 28, 2008
Try Tienda Lama. they have one in Santiago, you can even check the website. I am looking for one, also. I think I saw someting for 4,000rd

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
i did ok at pappetera in gaspar hernandez...

they had queens, kings, singles etc. the typical price was $11,000 for a king, $9000 for a queen normal orthopedic

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
i did ok at pappetera in gaspar hernandez...

they had queens, kings, singles etc. the typical price was $11,000 for a king, $9000 for a queen normal orthopedic

We bought a king size and queen size also at Pappetera in GH and they were reasonable in price and delivered here too - I would recommend them.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
North Coast - Nagua

What part of the country are you in now?

Hi Rocky,

Are you still renting out condos?

I stayed at your place for a couple of weeks last summer - the place/service was great by the way - thanks.

I can't wait until I have the opportunity to visit Sosua again.

I need the mattress for Nagua but I'm willing to travel for a good deal.

Thanks.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Thanks for the Help/Info/Feedback.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the help and feedback.

I haven't had the opportunity to run down all the leads but I sure would be lost without you guys.

Thanks again.

Vibe

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I need the mattress for Nagua but I'm willing to travel for a good deal.

Thanks.
Hey Vibe,
I'm surprised that there wouldn't be great places to buy mattresses in a place as big as Nagua, and one would expect the prices to be quite good.
Is it because you want a special imported high quality one and can't find it out there?

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Whatever your choice, make sure it is of good quality because DR is the only place where I have had them come apart while sleeping on them.

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Hidelisa Centro in Puerto Plata is a good place for quality mattresses and the service is friendly, but I can't say that they are cheaper than elsewhere. I have never noticed mattresses in Santiago PriceSmart (but I have never looked for them there) - also you do need a membership card in order to shop there