Driving Directions From Santiago-Cibao Airport to Villa Bisono (Navarrete)?

rrouzard

Feb 29, 2008
Hello, I will be visiting the DR in two weeks and will be renting a car at the airport. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with exact driving directions from the Cibao-Santiago airport to Villa Bisono (Navarrete), and vice versa. Moreover, would a GPS system function there? I know that GPS means "global" positioning system, but how effective would it be in the DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WHY?
Send JJ a note at www.paradistrans.com, and have him pick you up. English speaking...good guy, reasonable, and less than a rental.

Who goes to Navarrete>>?? Tomato people, tobacco people>???

Directions if you insist:
go west out of the airport (follow signs to Santiago)

When you start to enter Santiago, follow signs to Puerto Plata.
When you get to Navarrete, you'll see a bunch of tangerines for sale, go straight.

You are now in Navarrete..

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Navarrete: It is a wide spot in the road to Montecristi. All it has is some of the finest tobacco processors in the world, an outstanding rattan furniture factory and a tomato processing factory. Oh yes, it also has the best armed FALPO unit in the DR....

Basically a village that has grown up around agriculture. I forgot to mention that there are two rice mills there, too: Bison? and another one...

It is not a cultural center, nor a manufacturing center, nor a tourist center nor an entertainment mecca....it is what it is....

One of the least known (among foreigners, that is) attractions in Navarrete is the fudge....You can get some at Bar Kenya....

HB

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Navarrete: It is a wide spot in the road to Montecristi. All it has is some of the finest tobacco processors in the world, an outstanding rattan furniture factory and a tomato processing factory. Oh yes, it also has the best armed FALPO unit in the DR....

Basically a village that has grown up around agriculture. I forgot to mention that there are two rice mills there, too: Bison? and another one...

It is not a cultural center, nor a manufacturing center, nor a tourist center nor an entertainment mecca....it is what it is....

One of the least known (among foreigners, that is) attractions in Navarrete is the fudge....You can get some at Bar Kenya....

HB

FALPO = Frente Amplio de Luchas Populares.

"Broad Front for Popular Struggle"

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
the people in Navarrete are friendly.

I have been there many times.

Isn't the love of DR about the people?

I love navarrete!

I don't know what is meant by the term "wide spot on the road".

It is a good place to stop and meet people, also to talk to old people and children.

If your spanish is horrible people will actually take the time to understand you because there is nothing else to do their.

Neighbors take care of each other in Navarrete....it is like a very small town in america....it may not have fancy places and cool attractions but its gem is it's people......

SO please stop saying bad things about Navarrete.

melchan

Apr 4, 2007
how can you say its not a cultural center: that is truly ignorant to say.

Merenge and bachata comes from the experience of the counrty side (the farmers the political rebels)

Navarrete is a MECCA of TRUE dominican culture

I am an american who visits Navarrete often.

I love it!