Cell phones in Dominican

Italiana

Aug 3, 2007
Hello. I've been trying to call my friend in the Puerto Plata area, but am having difficulty getting through. Everytime I call, it rings once and either pauses or goes straight to voicemail. I can't get a hold of them. Does it mean that they have been disconnected? It's been happening for over a month now.

eurotravguy

Feb 27, 2008
it may be a user problem. could it be possible that your friend is sending your calls to vmail by hanging up?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If the number were out of service, it would not go to voice mail.
Either the unit is out of range or turned off.

PS: The cellphones could be in the DR or the Dominican republic.
For them to be in the Dominican is similar to be in the American or Canadian.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If the number were out of service, it would not go to voice mail.
Either the unit is out of range or turned off.

PS: The cellphones could be in the DR or the Dominican republic.
For them to be in the Dominican is similar to be in the American or Canadian.

Here I'm Canadian all these years and didn't realize I live in the Canadian Republic.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ahem bob.......before Rocky bites back.....

re-read what he wrote.....
he didn't say Canadian republic......;)

Just a slight miscomprehension....:cheeky:

Last edited:

castro

Jul 5, 2007
They are in the process of changing the wiring down there right now. I had the same problem. You have to keep calling back until it goes through. About 3-4 times. But it's not ever call. Good luck!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
They are in the process of changing the wiring down there right now. I had the same problem. You have to keep calling back until it goes through. About 3-4 times. But it's not ever call. Good luck!
I'm not sure what you mean, Castro.
Down there? The DR?
And what does "But it's not ever call" mean.
BTW: Myself and friends all have cellphones that work properly, including receiving calls from abroad, so the 3 or 4 times you have to redial whoever it is you're calling, has nothing to do with any rewiring.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
No matter what you write here someone always has something to say....
At times when you call the number it will say" the international number you are calling is not at srevice" So I guess I just made that one up. I was told that the company was changing the cables over there. So when I say if I call 3-4 times I can get through, this is what I am talking about. And no it's not all the time. Actually it's really not happening that much any more. But like the poster said she has been having problems for about a month or so. Well that's about the length of time it has been for me too. And I'm calling in the Puerto Plata area, like her. But say whatever you want, someone always has something to say....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
No matter what you write here someone always has something to say....
At times when you call the number it will say" the international number you are calling is not at srevice" So I guess I just made that one up. I was told that the company was changing the cables over there. So when I say if I call 3-4 times I can get through, this is what I am talking about. And no it's not all the time. Actually it's really not happening that much any more. But like the poster said she has been having problems for about a month or so. Well that's about the length of time it has been for me too. And I'm calling in the Puerto Plata area, like her. But say whatever you want, someone always has something to say....
You're a funny guy, Castro.
I was polite enough to ask you what you meant, when you wrote a sentence that made no sense, then you complain that someone always has something to say, not to mention you still haven't explained it.
And did you bother to read what I wrote about us with cellphones here not having difficulties receiving calls from abroad?
I know, I know.
Someone always has something to say.
But it is better than someone who has nothing to say or says it wrong or gives incorrect info or has a bad attitude, etc.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I was polite enough to ask you what you meant, when you wrote a sentence that made no sense, then you complain that someone always has something to say, not to mention you still haven't explained it.
And did you bother to read what I wrote about us with cellphones here not having difficulties receiving calls from abroad?
I know, I know.
But it is better than someone who has nothing to say or says it wrong or gives incorrect info or has a bad attitude, etc.

Thank you James, atleast someone has some sense, or maybe you can read!! Like I said, I to was having a hard time calling a cell phone in the Puerto Plata area , so I guess I did read the post unlike you.... And I don't know how I did'nt explain what I said? So why is it this info is incorrect??? Maybe you are not having a hard time, but others including myself were. Like James said" it was'nt every call", it's funny he understood what I said. Which I did also mention in a post on page 1. But I guess like you said
"And did you bother to read what I wrote" From your own mouth...... It's funny James wrote the same thing " not every call" and that made sense to you when he wrote it... Was I suppose to wrote a novel for you??? I guess you must be talking about yourself "I know I know. Someone always has something to say". As for a bad attitude, your the one putting me down. I guess it must make you feel better........

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I know, I know.

Thank you James, atleast someone has some sense, or maybe you can read!! Like I said, I to was having a hard time calling a cell phone in the Puerto Plata area , so I guess I did read the post unlike you.... And I don't know how I did'nt explain what I said? So why is it this info is incorrect??? Maybe you are not having a hard time, but others including myself were. Like James said" it was'nt every call", it's funny he understood what I said. Which I did also mention in a post on page 1. But I guess like you said
"And did you bother to read what I wrote" From your own mouth...... It's funny James wrote the same thing " not every call" and that made sense to you when he wrote it... Was I suppose to write a novel for you??? I guess you must be talking about yourself "I know I know. Someone always has something to say". As for a bad attitude, your the one putting me down. I guess it must make you feel better........

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
"And did you bother to read what I wrote" From your own mouth...... It's funny James wrote the same thing " not every call" and that made sense to you when he wrote it... Was I suppose to wrote a novel for you??? I guess you must be talking about yourself "I know I know. Someone always has something to say". As for a bad attitude, your the one putting me down. I guess it must make you feel better........
I wonder if you will feel like a total fool after you go back and see that you did NOT write, "it's not every call".
You wrote "it's not ever call" and I'm not a mind reader, so don't blame me for your inadequacies.
I don't like lippy assholes, specially when they are the ones who made the mistakes, like your story about changing the cables, so that's why the cellphones don't work properly.
That's utter nonsense and pure bullshyte.
Now smarten up, be polite, admit your errors and apologize and we can all go on with our lives.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
You really must have no life, were you sitting by the computer waiting for a reply???? So what if I said wires or cables what's the difference???? Boy you make a small thing into a big thing. And yes aleast I can apologize for making some typo's on my post . But look who has the bad attitude...YOU. Getting alittle hot under the collar... Can you tell me what I get from making something up. I was only replying to another poster, from my own experince when calling.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You really must have no life, were you sitting by the computer waiting for a reply???? So what if I said wires or cables what's the difference???? Boy you make a small thing into a big thing. And yes aleast I can apologize for making some typo's on my post . But look who has the bad attitude...YOU. Getting alittle hot under the collar... Can you tell me what I get from making something up. I was only replying to another poster, from my own experince when calling.
The only problem is that you were wrong.
It has nothing to do with wires or cables, as I have explained several times.
Your other problem is that you got rude, when all I did was ask you to explain your mistyped sentence.
Blaming others for your mistakes is not an attractive quality.

It's not as if I had replied.
Hey fool... Learn how to type.
Your post doesn't make sense, and your story about it being a wire problem is bullshyte!

Had I posted that, then you would have an ax to grind.
I politely asked you what you meant in your mistyped sentence and explained to you that you were mistaken about the wire replacement theory.