Wifi Juan Dolio

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Trying again.....first one got lost in cyberspace!

Dunhill is sleeping (was up very late last night getting my log in issue resolved) and I'm having issues......

Very slow page loads (or time-outs) up to 5 minutes or not at all.

Keep getting "page can not be displayed" messages......

Any computer whiz's out there.

Dunhill seems to think it's an issue with my windows configuration but he's not a windows person so he might be right but then again........

All suggestions welcomed (this is driving me nuts - I can't download my email either!!!)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No suggestions!!?????

I find this hard to believe!!

Where are all the cumputer geeks out in cyberspace?

Someone must have an idea that I haven't tried already.

I've cleared all my caches, reset my wireless controller, logged off and relogged on to the server, deleted some crap I didn't need (programs that may have been slowing down the system) and turned off some of the things that load automatically and I still can't download email or get pages to load faster than 2-3 minutes.

I've 'lost' about 5 replies to threads and two PM replies.....:ermm: and had my connection 'dropped' several times so gave up trying for an hour or so....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Have a look at what is running in taskmanager, applications as well as in processes. See what uses the most memory in processes and check if that is valid.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for the suggestion......

That's what I did when I deleted the junk taking up space and turned off the processes that didn't need to load automatically.....

Now if you could explain how asking for help equates to being given an 'I disagree' negative 'rep' comment......???

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
That's what I did when I deleted the junk taking up space and turned off the processes that didn't need to load automatically.....

Then I would not know what the problem is. Does Arjan say things are good on his side?

Now if you could explain how asking for help equates to being given an 'I disagree' negative 'rep' comment......???

And I have no idea what you mean here.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Why don't you get Verizon wifi? I have it and its fab - no problems at all and very fast.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Been there, done that.......

Problem is we're not here year round and they always manage to cut us off before we get back......:tired:
Tried payments on-line,via phone using credit card....etc.etc.
There's a thread somewhere detailing everything we went through with them and we finally gave up and said to heck with it!
Short of coming back every couple months (which due to medical issues won't happen anytime soon - it takes about 5 months to get all testings and follow-ups down when we're home) to pay bill, we're kinda up the creek.

Also is kinda expensive to pay for 7 months of service you're not using!;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
And a very helpful person also! :)

Dunhill (Arjan) is a fine and fair supplier of wan bandwidth in the area.

Just wish he hadn't waited until we were going to Holland to tell me he liked 'drop' and what it is......we get the good stuff in Canada too and I could have been bringing him some each year!!:ermm:

For those like me who don't know what 'drop' is - it's licorice-mild or salty, soft or hard- it's all licorice!;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
That's for sure Dre!!!

I'm hard wired to the main feed so I'm pretty sure it's me that has issues and not Dunhill......seems to be working better this morning.

I did some more maintenance on my system last night and that seems to have helped a lot.

Had a couple of emails with suggestions (that's folks! you know who you are) and hopefully my issue is resolved!:bunny: