Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default illegal activities

i'm considering taking my teenage son to the riu merengue resort near puerto plata but I am somewhat concerned as I have been reading/hearing stories of illegal drugs being sold to tourists on the beaches both at the resort and sosua....can anyone tell me more about this?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont mean to burst your bubble and I dont know where you hail from but if your sons are teenagers, they have likely had exposure to drugs in or outside of their school.

As far as the hotel goes, we have stayed there and it is a lovely resort.

Good luck

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by montanapine View Post
    i'm considering taking my teenage son to the riu merengue resort near puerto plata but I am somewhat concerned as I have been reading/hearing stories of illegal drugs being sold to tourists on the beaches both at the resort and sosua....can anyone tell me more about this?
    I don't have any experience with it, but the drug scene is a growing thing and it's so very risky in this country, as the penalties can be extremely long prison sentences.
    I don't know what to advise you, except to put the fear of God in him and hope for the best, as there are drugs all over the world and you can't be overseeing him 24/7.
    If it would help, we could describe what a Dominican jail is like and you could show him the posts.
    That may take his drug appetite away.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I don't have any experience with it, but the drug scene is a growing thing and it's so very risky in this country, as the penalties can be extremely long prison sentences.
    I don't know what to advise you, except to put the fear of God in him and hope for the best, as there are drugs all over the world and you can't be overseeing him 24/7.
    If it would help, we could describe what a Dominican jail is like and you could show him the posts.
    Good strategy Rocky regarding the Dominican jail scene.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Having "bin there done that"?

If they don't know by now "don't do drugs", we/no one can not help.

BTW: Daughter.. now 32 with and now PG with our second grandkid..... both concieved in the DR... NEVER did drugs. I was a real hard ass.

Regards, Ringo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It may sound simplistic, but you need to tell anyone in your party to steer clear of anyone offering drugs.

The moment the person brings the topic up, walk away and do not ever speak to or look at them again. They will get the hint and will leave you alone.

These are people you do not need to even acknowledge in a casual manner.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Found one http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-st...good-weed.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Show'em this.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINCAN BOY View Post
    Montanapine.
    Have him read the above mentioned thread.
    It may be just what you need to convince him.

Post Thanks / Like

i didn't mean to imply my son was into drugs, he is quite anti drug and a very promising football player. I just dont want him harrassed by locals peddling drugs if i decided to let him go aroound a bit on his own. I've heard that it is difficult to walk down street/beach in cofresi or sosua without being offered drugs for sale. is that the case?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by montanapine View Post
    i didn't mean to imply my son was into drugs, he is quite anti drug and a very promising football player. I just dont want him harrassed by locals peddling drugs if i decided to let him go aroound a bit on his own. I've heard that it is difficult to walk down street/beach in cofresi or sosua without being offered drugs for sale. is that the case?
    Not that I know of.
    Let's wait for other opinions.
    I live here and these guys usually know better than to offer me any.
    I've only had 2 offers in 17 years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast