UFFFF, tourists never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was just walking up stairs from the street and here is what I saw.
3-4 fellows, in huge shorts, age from early 30's to middle age in 40's. Some with huge long shirts and fluffy hair and weird long shorts, sneakers. they looked like Americans from a distance. now here is the kicker. They were carrying a big bottle of Brugal rum and drinking straight in cups, pouring it for each other and laughing out loud. This is in the afternoon sun in a commercial area. I know they are on vacation but do they not know that there is not a single soul on the street who is drinking brugal rum straight in the middle of hot sun? hahahaha. i found it funny. How tourists have no clue as to how to act in a foreign country, the norms of the society and how to behave in public places. No wonder they all hook up with barrio trashy girls.
Hahahahaha.
AZB

Last edited by a moderator:

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Here we go again/still

AZB trashing everyone! Hope the mod's close this one too.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Were they wearing those shorts that come down to the ankles?

Were they wearing really big, bright white sneakers?

Then its' official-Santiago is now hosting Americas' ghetto trash.

These are the guys who live and breathe ghetto culture but can't score with any of the ghetto hoochies here in the states because they probably don't have the fancy cars and money that is required to pull it off.

And unfortunately it is a trend that will only continue and grow, as long as there are chicas willing to sell it these guys will fly down there and pay for it.

Last edited:

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I agree with Berzin

More than a tourist thing is a gettho thing..... they live like that here and they just continue acting like it anywhere they go,,,,, and the rum thing.... they are probably happy not having to hide the drink with a paper bag.

I still buy clothes for my 17 year old..... and I would no allow him to wear those short or a bigger size pant. As long as he lives under my roof, even if he gets gift money I don't care he will continue to dress as I see fit.....but a 30ish and 40ish,,, that is a Joke!!!

He has been called geek and prepy boy,,,,,but I tell him that those rapper-wana-be can't afford 80 bucks for a Lacoste shirt or AE jeans so they try to put him down to cover their shortcomings.

I agree Gettho-loosers!!!!

CB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
When you have saved up for a vacation and you get to the place, you try to take advantage of all the time you have and enjoy it as much as possible.:cheeky: and you tend to do crazy shyt BUT I do admit that drinking from a bottle walking down the street does not look good. :ermm:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
When you have saved up for a vacation and you get to the place, you try to take advantage of all the time you have and enjoy it as much as possible.:cheeky: and you tend to do crazy shyt BUT I do admit that drinking from a bottle walking down the street does not look good. :ermm:

Yes, agreed, but it still doesnt give anyone else the right to go around and bash them...people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, agreed, but it still doesnt give anyone else the right to go around and bash them...people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!;)

Look the world is not so rosy all around us. I am just commenting on what I saw today. There behavior is not very normal in this country. We don't see dominicans walking around in commercial zone of this country with open brugal bottle in hand. If someone is doing exactly just that, he is considered a bum. Now we have 4 guys representing their country of origin and look how they are behaving; then the same guys ask questions: How can i score with classy girls? how do we meet the educated dominicans? why are the well-to-do dominicans so snobbish??? etc etc.
well never mind, what is your name? DRloca. Do you know what we call a loca in DR? Hint, its not always used for a crazy person.
AZB

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Berzin, pretty bold statement. Stereotyping seems to be at a premium on this site.

AZB, how do you think of this crap. Seems every week you see a little thing and embellish it to stir shyt.

(edited by the moderator - we are not interested in the poster's sex life as reported by you)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
well never mind, what is your name? DRloca. Do you know what we call a loca in DR? Hint, its not always used for a crazy person.
AZB
I'm going to ask you both as friends to stop this right now.
You don't know each other, but I know you both quite well.
I know your hearts, and if you each knew how beautiful the other's heart is, you'd be ashamed at this tirade.
I could get into details and explanations, but I'm asking you to drop this, in the name of our friendship, please.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Berzin, pretty bold statement for someone that sleeps with Sosua putas. Stereotyping seems to be at a premium on this site. I can see why many AA's feel DR1 condones racist posts.
I know that I'll appear stupid for asking, but what are AA's?
As for racist posts on DR1, I combat them on an ongoing basis and we eliminate the offenders.
If I have missed something recently, I apologize, but I can't cover it all.
You are welcome to advise a mod or Robert or even myself, anytime you see a post, deemed to be racist.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
To address the OP's initial posting. I'm an American and am often embarrassed by other Americans aboard. A lot of Americans, if not most are loud, obnoxious and rude. I have seen this is Greece while I was there for a year and in England for 3 years. I now see this here in the Dominican Republic. American's have no clue about other country's. When I see this or am close to it, I simply hold my head in shame. For the most part these folks have never been out of their country. While in Greece, I remember other Americans making fun of Greek women. They were working in the fields, all day, in the hot sun, the temps are around 90 or higher and they are dressed in black. These women were older than my grandmother and working only to eat, nothing more. I would stop in the village and eat their bread and goat cheese. Great stuff. My friend would laugh at the narrow roads, and small houses, in the small villages. The only thing that comes to mind is ignorant. As these were educated people I don’t really understand them. I can only hold my head in shame.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I suppose it comes down to how a person acts on an individual basis. That kind of ignorance is universal, and certainly not confined to any one group.

It's unfortunate how far the "ugly american" stereotype has gone.

Rocky, there's no such thing as a stupid question, especially given the wealth of information you're willing to supply to folks. Hope you're well.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
I agree partly with Phil&Gerry about many Americans who just don't have a clue about other parts of the world and their respective cultural habits, etc. Not only do they not have a clue, but they are very disrespectful and close-minded. As one who has traveled extensively, albeit mostly in the caribbean, I too am often ashamed to be associated with "those" types of American vacationers who poke fun at or sniggle at the way of life of the people living in the country where they are spending their vacation. Usually, I have observed this behaviour being practiced by those who have never stepped foot off American soil before, this being their first time. They are, indeed, ignorant and it is shameful. The part I don't agree with is where it was stated that this is how "most" Americans behave. That simply isn't true; in my experience anyway.

Unfortunately, for those who DO behave this way, I think it has something to do with their own low self esteem and their need to make themselves appear to be better than others who are less fortunate economically. It makes them feel like "big men". And like someone else stated, usually it's those who can't get even a peek at a truly good and beautiful woman in American.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Where?

I agree partly with Phil&Gerry about many Americans who just don't have a clue about other parts of the world and their respective cultural habits, etc. Not only do they not have a clue, but they are very disrespectful and close-minded. As one who has traveled extensively, albeit mostly in the caribbean, I too am often ashamed to be associated with "those" types of American vacationers who poke fun at or sniggle at the way of life of the people living in the country where they are spending their vacation. Usually, I have observed this behaviour being practiced by those who have never stepped foot off American soil before, this being their first time. They are, indeed, ignorant and it is shameful. The part I don't agree with is where it was stated that this is how "most" Americans behave. That simply isn't true; in my experience anyway.

Unfortunately, for those who DO behave this way, I think it has something to do with their own low self esteem and their need to make themselves appear to be better than others who are less fortunate economically. It makes them feel like "big men". And like someone else stated, usually it's those who can't get even a peek at a truly good and beautiful woman in American.

Where have you traveled and for how long? Were you just a tourist also, or doing something on these travels?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I have seen tourists in resorts compete with one another, who has more bling, eyeing each other up and down, it's so stupid...who's prada is fake and whose is real..?
like really do you need to bring all that with you, L

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Racism?

Berzin, pretty bold statement for someone that sleeps with Sosua putas. Stereotyping seems to be at a premium on this site. I can see why many AA's feel DR1 condones racist posts.

How does DR1 condone racism? I've been on this board for a few months and I've never seen any racism being condoned, though I have seen people squashing it out. People do say some dumb stuff, we can admit that, but usually after one dumb comment you have a host of DR1 posters rectifying the situation and putting people in their place. Racist posters usually never come back...or post on that subject. And who are these AA's you speak of. Ask them to show their faces and comment on what you've asserted.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Not only are the loud, obnoxious tourists annoying, but:

I have seen tourists in resorts compete with one another, who has more bling, eyeing each other up and down, it's so stupid...who's prada is fake and whose is real..?

like really do you need to bring all that with you, Leave that back home where it came from. I have noticed a lot of the Dominicans are wearing name brands too, could this be another "sanky sign" or as Miguel would say "Red Flag" (that was one of my favorite posts by the way Miguel)

Like people we are on vacation-to relax and enjoy! not make complete and utter fools of ourselves...if you can not handle your alcohol you should not be drinking your face off. I seen two tourists get into an actual fist fight over a beach chair, bloody nose and all..loll...I was embarrassed for them.

No wonder we get labeled as imbeciles...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, AZB saw 4 silly tourists doing silly things. They happened to be American. They happened to be dressed in a ghetto like fashion.

So ..
Stop the American bashing already and start enjoying the picture as AZB saw it. Well, to be truthful, if the American bashing does not stop I'm going to delete your post, so, save yourself the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.