phone card

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
what is a cheap way to call the dominican republic from the us? I need to make a bunch of phone calls and need to buy a card.Thanks
Stevi

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
im from canada but when i need to call some friends in the states or the DR, i use the 7-11 call world phone card. it works great and ive never had any problems but im sure there are lots of other phone cards out there that can do what you need it to. good luck!

Jan 5, 2006
If you're located somewhere like NYC, buy the newest card available. When telephone cards first become available, they have promotional rates to hook people in. After a few weeks, the minutes magically shrink.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The cheapest way I found to call the DR after living in the US for five years and calling twice a week was to find a hispanic boidego or mexican store and check out the collection they have. Typically it will cost you $.03. All the other cards you find at Walmart, etc are crap and you will pay 15 cents a minute or more.

domingodeb

Feb 18, 2008
The cheapest card I have found to call from Canada is the Call Portugal Card (go figure), 3.8 cents per minute to mobile lines. It seems that's a pretty good rate from what I've seen. If anyone has suggestions on calling from Canada (Toronto area) that's a better deal, please let me know.
You can PM me.

vi6six

Feb 7, 2009
if you can dial any place in the usa with out any additional charge use colors of new york. for a $2.00 card i get 35 min to a cel phone and 90 mins to land line. or you can use optima $2.oo card and get 33 min to cel phone and 2 hours to land line.

dgtlman

Nov 7, 2007
What is the cheapest from miami cell to Dominican cell? I pay 10 or 11 cents per minute and it rounds the charge to the nearest whole minute with a company called tel3.com