Furniture in Sosua

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
Could you please tell me where I can buy a bed ( queen size but would consider other as well ) around the Sosua area ? Also, what am I looking at in terms of pesos ?
Many Thanks

J

John Evans

about 18000.00 pesos there are a couple of shops in sosua abajo and one on the right hand of charamicos going towards puerto plata - the shop has a few chests of drawers outside but is huge inside- becareful of the steps inside with no bannisters and a shear drop

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
about 18000.00 pesos there are a couple of shops in sosua abajo and one on the right hand of charamicos going towards puerto plata - the shop has a few chests of drawers outside but is huge inside- becareful of the steps inside with no bannisters and a shear drop

thank you. As far as the price go, are you serious ?!? 550 bucks ? I mean, for god sake in NY you can get a decent for under $ 250...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You can get a queen size mattress and wooden base in Sosua Abajo, for approx. 10,000 pesos, at the last furniture store on your left, as you are heading West (towards POP), just before the entrance to La Maranatha/Bella Vista.

J

John Evans

perhaps my estimate was a little high I think that was his starting price- i actually got mine from sabaneta (it was cheaper and they delivered)

J

John Evans

sorry i just remembered that was the price quoted for a bed and three piece suite///ahem ....shall i crawl into a corner

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
You might consider DG in POP, they have a few. Be careful as we discovered there does not seem to be a standard size. In other words. A queen size matress comes in different sizes. Measure it before you purchase it so at least the sheets will fit properly. If you buy the matress with the bew frame you can easly see how the matress fits the frame.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
You might consider DG in POP, they have a few. Be careful as we discovered there does not seem to be a standard size. In other words. A queen size matress comes in different sizes. Measure it before you purchase it so at least the sheets will fit properly. If you buy the matress with the bew frame you can easly see how the matress fits the frame.

Please give me the directions to the place...even thou I am there eevry month I am bad at remembering places ( blame the bloody blackberry ).....

all, I mean, if these guys make a profit in NY, then the DR need some competition...

this is a NY co Gothic Cabinet Craft - Queen+Size+Beds - Real Wood Furniture at Incredible Prices

J

John Evans

the dominican ones look better made than those - and the matresses are good quality for the price - its one of the few bargains you get here furniture wise

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
John, since you live in the DR you know more about it than your trully..Are you telling me that a decent, real wood bed, would cost me more in the DR than NY ?!?!? I am asking this since I never before went shopping for household stuff....I mean for got sake, one could rather order these beds in the NY ( bulk prices ) ship 'em with a custom propina, get a crufty dominican assemble 'em and voila...The question is ( please do share if you had this experience ) will the "competition" harass you ?

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
You can get a queen size mattress and wooden base in Sosua Abajo, for approx. 10,000 pesos, at the last furniture store on your left, as you are heading West (towards POP), just before the entrance to La Maranatha/Bella Vista.

We bought our Queen size bed here. It was a couple years ago, so I don't remember the price - but the quality is great! We had ours custom made to the correct size (60x80) because the queen beds we looked at in most of the stores were shorter! This is a problem because most of the queen sheets are 60x80 also - so if you don't want to wake up in the middle of the night all twisted in the sheets...make sure you take a tape measure so you can measure the mattress before you buy it!

I know that some of us like to say that size doesn't matter.....but in this case....it REALLY does!! :cheeky::bunny:

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
There are 2 DG stores in POP. They are 1 block from each other on the same street. From Sosua, keep straight at the roundabout just past the Berger King. If you know where the Post oiffice is in POP you need to turn left at the interesction one block BEFORE the stop light at the post office intersection, sorry, don't know the street names. Once you turn left, then turn right at the next street and look for a parking spot. The first DG store with beds is on the next corner. The other DG might have beds, not sure, again that is one block from this store. Sorry about no street names.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
They both have beds, but I think you can forget to have anything there for under 20.000 pesos (with mattress)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There are 2 DG stores in POP. They are 1 block from each other on the same street. From Sosua, keep straight at the roundabout just past the Berger King. If you know where the Post oiffice is in POP you need to turn left at the interesction one block BEFORE the stop light at the post office intersection, sorry, don't know the street names. Once you turn left, then turn right at the next street and look for a parking spot. The first DG store with beds is on the next corner. The other DG might have beds, not sure, again that is one block from this store. Sorry about no street names.

Distribudor Gonzalez is on Separacion (both stores) - one is in Parque Central, the other on the corner of Separacion & JFKennedy. Since it's difficult to turn left one block before Post Office if you don't know when Post Office will appear on your right :cheeky: allow me to suggest parking at the Post Office & walking up to Parque Central. You will be on Separacion & you will pass both stores.

And yes, it isn't the cheapest store by a long shot.

J

John Evans

gonzalez was very very expensive for large beds- the smaller models were quite reasonable though-im still not convinced she told me the right price..then she added on the price for the base lol

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
We got a king size pillowtop Sealy bed at Casa Dominicana in Puerta Plata. We love it.