Punta Cana Carnival, March 8th

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For those who will be in the area this weekend, Punta Cana will be hosting its first carnival. It'll take place at Punta Cana Village, where the new boulevard is being built (beside Galeria Punta Cana). The whole shebang is programmed to start at 3:00pm and should last for a couple of hours. All the locals are invited to come and enjoy our first annual carnival.

We'll be receiving over 1,200 participants in full carnaval dress and are expecting around 15,000 visitors. Stands will be available for an entry fee of US$10 per person although I imagine that by now there must not be any seats left. General entrance will be free. There'll be food and drinks available as well as a merengue concert afterwards which promises to be very good. It's about time we put a bit of life into the area!!!

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
excellent! wow...i wish i could be there. itll be interesting to see how it all turns out. if anyone out there will be there, please take photos and post them for the rest of us to feel envious about ;)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
As an update on the carnival, I was informed yesterday that "la voz mas alta del merengue", Mr. Rubby Perez will be singing for us starting around 9:30pm. Things are getting better and better!!!

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Confirmation...

Just wanted to make sure that there is really a concert afterwards....if anyone knows !!!

Thanks !!!

tropicalgirl

Dec 31, 2007
it was a great carneval, since I was there with our kids, couln't stay for the concert! Next year we will be there again!