• Thread starter Lic. Mercedes Abreu Devillier
  • Start date

Tourism in Dominican Republic

L

Lic. Mercedes Abreu Devillier

Dear Friends,

I had the precious opportunity of spend the month of July in the most beautiful caribbean island, The Dominican Republic, my home country.
Even though I live away from home, I love my country and I like to hear possitive critisism about it. Therefore, I ask questions to every foreing person I can meet during my vacation.
My favorite question: "How do you like the Dominican Republic? Everyone agreed on the beauty of my country; nevertheless, the parents who have small children agreed that their vacationes would be much more relaxing if there was a crib available for the little one when a reservation is made for a family with small children. Also, that the hotels have great amenities for adults, but children get bore because there is nothing for them to do.

I personally believe that to make more pleasant the visit of tourists to our country, the hotels should have available a crib for the baby (when family with small children reserve), and a play ground, so that the children can have some fun while the parents enjoy a sip of wine or a presidente.

A

A Gringo

Re: Tourism in Dominican Republic > Facts!

The Dominican Republic boasts the friendliest people, The coldest Beer, The finest Rums, The bluest skies and the most beautiful women in the Caribbean.
Fiesta is a way a life in this tropical paradise

Thats what keeps me here!

Enjoy my adopted Country

A Gringo

D

Dule

Re: Tourism in Dominican Republic > Facts!

Hello, I am Nemanja and I would like to ask you something.
Is it hard to find a Job in Dominicana?
can You answer me as soon as possible on the adress above.

A

arcoiris

Thanks for your post. I am trying to encourage more family type accomodations in the tourism too. It is even better coming from you.

Z

Zippo Popo

Mercedes

there really are hotels with cribs and play pens

we use to ask and we found them without too much trouble

you will too

enjoy!

L

It's great. Thank you.
I believe that if the tourist feels confortable it feels welcome and will be incouraged not only to visit again, but also to encourage families and friends to do so.

L

Thank you for your response.

I hope in the future every hotel in the tourist area can accomodate the little ones as well as the adults. I do not have a young one, but I want everyone to feel welcome to my country and see as I do "A Gorgeous Paradise Hidden Beyon the Sea"