Any GAY AA Meetings in Santiago??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhspanther

Mar 6, 2008
www.facebook.com
I'm coming home (5/8-5/12) for the first time in over 20 years, (finally SOBER!! lol) and am looking for (preferably) gay AA meetings in the Santiago area.

If not, I'm looking for gay-friendly meeting(s) while I'm down there. Let me know!!

Peace.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Must be a joke.

Much new info on AA can be found with a little looking/search and/or asking your local home town meeting rep.

On your own with the gay part.

Ringo

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
with all respect...i think you focus should be finding a meeting and not worry too much about the gay part.

Enjoy going home and being sober!!!

ITs a rather vague post. THere are normal gays in the DR.....but all you will hear about here are the sankies and hustlers.

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Why not let him decide which group he will feel most comfortable with. He did not ask for advise, he asked if there were meeting there or not.

Everyone wants to be Dr. Phil.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Why not let him decide which group he will feel most comfortable with. He did not ask for advise, he asked if there were meeting there or not.

Everyone wants to be Dr. Phil.

First off I've never heard of gay AA meetings. I doubt anyone else on this board ever has either. I don't think that they exist. Secondly, a first time poster comes out with a question to stir some crap up and actually gets good advise from an openly gay DR1 poster and then you accuse him and others of wanting to be like Dr. Phil. I personally want to be like Jerry Springer.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Stirring up crap???!! You get back in that closet!!!! LOL

First off I've never heard of gay AA meetings. I doubt anyone else on this board ever has either. I don't think that they exist. Secondly, a first time poster comes out with a question to stir some crap up and actually gets good advise from an openly gay DR1 poster and then you accuse him and others of wanting to be like Dr. Phil. I personally want to be like Jerry Springer.
"Stirring up crap" by asking for a gay meeting??!!! Those words should explain why a gay person would want to have their own AA meeting with people of their own sexual orientation.

FYI: there are gay meetings all over the world I'm sure. In Toronto, definitely. 519 Church right in the heart of the Village.

When people are recovering from dependencies they share a lot of private and very personal stories as part of the process in a 12 step recovery program like AA. They often talk about all the harm they did to themselves to their family and/or partner. It's hard enough to be gay in a largely heterosexual world, and then struggle with a dependency, and then have to open up to people who may judge you for your sexual orientation when you all you need is their support and understanding and a safe environment to find yourself again.

Of course there are many people in the world and in AA who don't care what your orientation is but you have a right to surround yourself with people like yourself.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
wow..2008 and the word Gay stirs up so much drama.

My intent to the OP is that if he or she is in recovery...a meeting any AA meeting is the priority.

I seriously doubt there are gay AA meeting in the DR. But ya never know..and it doesnt hurt to ask. And indeed..there are many gay AA meeitngs here in the states.

oh..and just as a disclaimer....i dont have an "agenda" but if someone asks a good or serious question I do feel compelled to reply.

Margaret's reply was great.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i think you folks have it all wrong. The person is gay and happens to be african american at the same time, thus he is looking for gay AA (african american) meeting. Now what is so confusing about that?
AZB
Hahahahaha

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
i think you folks have it all wrong. The person is gay and happens to be african american at the same time, thus he is looking for gay AA (african american) meeting. Now what is so confusing about that?
AZB
Hahahahaha

And he only has one leg.

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
The difference at the gay meetings I think is they discuss not taking another drop of a wine cooler, Zima or spritzer vs. a fria presidente at the sraight meetings!!!!!

I couldn't resist

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
AZB
Hahahahaha
That was actually quite funny.
Wouldn't we be surprised if that's what he was actually asking for?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
AZB
Hahahahaha

And he's a bad dresser wearing a rainbow coloured black panther t-shirt with a big freakin' afro, drinking a diet Pepsi in a paper bag walking through the streets in mid-day.

UFFFFFFF, those tourists!

Oppps, he's Dominican!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.