Hotel decision!

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
Morning all-
So Im going back to DR next week and I have two reservations one at the Barcelo Talanquera and one at the Hotel Domincan Bay in Juan Dolio and Boca Chica ( I think) - Does any one have any opinions or reviews

Ive stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana and it wasnt really all that - But Im wondering which is the best of the two-

Any opinions are so helpful-

Thanks!!
Monica

Oh and if anyone has info on taxi info Id love to talk to you -
thanks again!!!

Last edited:

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
I was originally supposed to stay at the Oasis Hamaca but they got the dates messed up and now there are no rooms left there- So I made a reservation at the Talanquera
I got a call from the guy that works at Dominican Bay and he said he would try to see if there were any rooms available and he said he more then likely will have one for the dates I will be there - I can cancel the Talanquera if the other one is better with out a problem
Im hesitant about the Talanquera because I had a bad experience with the Barcelo hotels but I have that one in case the Domincan Bay is full

make sense now :)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was originally supposed to stay at the Oasis Hamaca but they got the dates messed up and now there are no rooms left there- So I made a reservation at the Talanquera
I got a call from the guy that works at Dominican Bay and he said he would try to see if there were any rooms available and he said he more then likely will have one for the dates I will be there - I can cancel the Talanquera if the other one is better with out a problem
Im hesitant about the Talanquera because I had a bad experience with the Barcelo hotels but I have that one in case the Domincan Bay is full

make sense now :)
Perfect sense.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Dominicus Bay is in Bayahibe.....

so if you want to be near Juan Dolio,Boca Chica keep the one at Talanquera!

Grant you it won't be as nice as it is a three star......:bunny:

MissDecember

Sep 12, 2007
Its not so important where I am its more the hotel thats nicer and I cant tell from the pictures - plus this area is new to me we usually go to Punta Cana
I feel lost deciding here - ugh!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Then go to Dominicus Bay........

it's definitely nicer!
You can still take day trips to Saona Island or Catalina.
It's much like Punta Cana - not much around other than resorts.
Bayahibe is a picturesque little fishing village with some very good seafood restaurants.
It's quiet, beautiful and one of the best resorts in the area.:bunny:

Whatever

Sep 30, 2005
Dominican Bay

Hi
I have been to both, and personally enjoyed Dominican Bay and beach is nicer.
You will need to walk to the beach, about 2-3minute walk.