Wanted (Will pay $200) Orange NET data Sim loan for 2 weeks

ukdvdr

Mar 7, 2008
Hi

I am a regular visitor to Dominican Republic and always require constant internet access for my business.

Most of the time my hotel does not have hifi in room or by the pool (need to relax as well as work)

Each time I come to Dominican Republic I have to travel Santo Domingo to Orange HQ to obtain the unlimited data sim at a cost of RD1595 for a month
Orange ™

(for some reason only the HQ can make the special configuration required for these sims to work inside a laptop datacard, very strange as each time I get a vodafone or 3g one in the UK they always work automatically.)

It is a nice journey albeit over some heavily potholed roads. I especially enjoy La Romana and also the calm sea in the south.

However I have made this journey 4 times now and would like to find a different solution. So I have comeup with a poss solution.

So how about this for a deal. If a member of this forum has an unlimited Orange datacard which they can spare for 2 weeks from the 19th March. If they lend it to me for the duration of my stay, I will pay $200 US in cash for this. (It saves me the time and expense of travelling to Santo Domingo) The orange charge for 2 weeks use of this card would be $24 US so a nice profit for somebody. (if you have 2 card to rent I will pay $300 for 2 as my friend would use a 2nd if available)

PLease let me know if you can help or if you can offer a better solution that would remove the need for my Santo Domingo Orange HQ trip

Many thanks and best regards

Terry

Feb 7, 2007
There is Orange office in Higuey and La Romana (not the dealer, the actual office /customer service). I don't know if they can do configurations, but they can assist on all customer service matters Orange HQ assist at. So worth a check.

ukdvdr

Mar 7, 2008
Thanks for the tip, I will try Higuey office if my offer gets no takers.

Terry