Post to and From the DR

H

Helena Ghiotti

Hi I wondered if you could tell me if letters sent from England to the DOmincian Republic have a high chance of actually getting there. As I have sent three letters 5 weeks ago and none have arrived there. Also I wondered if you could tell me the chance of letters from the DR reaching England.
ANy info greatly appreciated
Thank you Helena

S

Sarah

I would recommend faxing rather than mailing letters - that's in both directions.

D

Duck

I send and receive mail a few times a month to/from Montecristi. The record times are 7 days and 7 weeks. If you are sending to a larger city, maybe there is a greater chance of something getting "lost."

C

Catherine

Hi Helen

It's infuriating but if you try "International Recorded Delivery" it's not bad for letters & photos though parcels have a habit of disappearing into the abyss.

You also get your postage fee + up to ?28 value back though this is after a 3 month search!

Or find someone with an EPS address as this is safe & I know people who even mail cash!

Good luck
Catherine

T

tobita

If they have a fax youre better off faxing the letter. I sent a letter there and they told me it took about 2 months. and I live in FLorida!

K

Katia

I live in Canada and I have sent letters there many times and the person got them within 2 weeks. Are you sure you put the right postage on them ? Don't get mad, it's just a question.

Katia