hurricane

A

arcoiris

Alberto is close enough now to be seen on the weather satellite loop. So I am posting it back up.

S

Sarah

Where exactly on the map do you see Alberto? In the North, East, or West? Thanks for the info, Sarah

D

Duck

go to "www.wunderground.com" in the tropical weather section and you can see a lot.

D

Duck

hurricane going north

... besides it looks like it will probably go north to die before it hits land! (let's hope!!)

Z

Zippo Popo

1:45 pm sat. map

pinpoint SD,DR, face N, storm aprox. 80 degree arc down and to
right from N

Enjoy!

A

arcoiris

another way to locate it is to look at the right edge of the map and then halfway down. It is going from east to west and kind of north. It looks like it will pass at a good distance from Puerto Rico and not affect them nor the DR. You can recognize a hurricane by the circular shape and very dense clouds that go in a clockwise direction (clockwise? or counterclockwise?) anyway there is a spin to it. There is also an eye or point near the center where there are no clouds. See it on the map now? If the eye is not well defined, then usually that means the winds are not so strong either and then it is called a tropical depression. I am not sure how it is classed at the moment. The other sites are good too, but I like to see for myself. We were given some misinformation by the weather bureaus on hurricane Georges that caused people to think it was passing north when actually it hit the island square on when they were unprepared and that was tragic. So I look at this and can see what it is doing myself, while I also check the other sources.

J

jerry

try the below link to track Alberto. There is also another depression that they just started to track off the coast of Florida and it is at this link. <A HREF="http://www.intellicast.com/Tropical/World/UnitedStates/HurTrack2/">http://www.intellicast.com/Tropical/World/UnitedStates/HurTrack2/</A>

jerry

T

Tom

"We were given some misinformation by the weather bureaus on hurricane Georges that caused people to think it was passing north when actually it hit the island square on when they were unprepared and that was tragic"

Actually the weather forcasters at the Southern Command (Hurricane Hunters) gave excellent advise stating that the DR would take a diretc hit, it was certain persons who chose to alter this information or provide a "slant" of their own that mislead people into thinking all was well in paradise

L

Lyse

You're right. A lot of my dominican friends in the D.R. told me:
S?, estabamos avisados que Georges iba a castigarnos pero dicen eso a cada temporada de huracan....

T

Tom

Alberto is on track for Europe, NNE of The Eastern US. IT would have to do a 190o turn to threaten the Caribbean

A

arcoiris

I remember that one of the posters here told us that he tried to advise the DR that the hurricane had swerved toward the island, through this site, and that nobody would listen to him! That poster said he was a pilot and had special information.

L

Lyse

The D.R. government knew it so did the Dominicans. Let's say they did not want to believe it.

A

arcoiris

yes, let's say that. Anyway, now we have the satellite loop posted.