Dunhill at MUSA -SPM

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
While we still have wifi I thought I'd post that Dunhill -a DR1er- is at MUSA hospital in SPM.
I'm sure some will remember his posts last year of his experience in a public hospital in SPM.

If anyone is in SPM please drop in and visit him .

Arjan is quite ill and is very depressed also so could use some cheering up. He's had a very bad year and is very down which is not helping his health situation.

I haven't a clue how to pronounce let alone spell his last name so maybe Dre Broeders can pipe up and post it here but it shouldn't be hard to find him. Just ask for the big white Dutch guy and the staff will point you in the right direction.

If I'm still online when we get back from visiting this afternnon I'll post his room #.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Arjan is my business partner as well as my friend. This makes me very sad. But we'll not bury him before it is necessary. A whole lot of tests are scheduled for today and we hope that it goes well.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes, we definitely do........hope all goes well.

The tests from yesterday were not encouraging in the least and some of us who have been closely monitoring him are very fearful at the moment.

He had a close call last year and we are glad that some of the DR1er's in the area keep a close eye on him and he does let us know when he needs assistance.

He was hesitant to leave last night before he had a chance to make provisions for continuation of service however, we didn't give him a chance to!

We thank those who have gone above and beyond to help so far.

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Arjan had made such great progress after his very scary patch last year. While he IS in a serious condition currently, I think those of us who see him daily know that he is capable of pulling himself (with support and care) out of what seems like dire situations. Sometimes these are just the circumstances that give many people a shove to ask for help and/or support.

I hope to get over there later today (we still have two active Dengue cases in our house). I'm sure that he would welcome cheerful visitors.

Those who have been over to see him already, does he need anything brought to him? I'm 2 min from his new apt and office and would be glad to go get something and bring it there.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Dre and DRChrisHE........

PapaTony is talking to Techan (sp?) right now and we will then head into SPM.

I'll let you know DRChrisHe if anything is needed. I have some stuff we bought for him yesterday in SD but he won't need it in hospital.

So far Techan has paid for tests and no doubt we'll make another contribution when we get there.

We're also going to be asking another Doctor friend who has offices close by to check in (he already has DRChrisHE and Techan checking on results).

Will keep in touch....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Note to all....

At present email is not working......please contact me by phone or PM through the board.
If you don't get a reply by PM - means that is down also so phone...
Thanks.....

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Last report for tonight.....just in.......

Dunhill is responding to the diuretics and is resting.
Many tests were done today and results will be known soon if not already.
Indications at present are that he will need to be there for a minimum of a week while more testing/treatment is carried out.

We'll be visiting tomorrow AM so I'll post his condition when we return in the afternoon.

His room # is 311, on the third floor in the cardiac section.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Adrian, last year he stopped smoking after a lifetime of smoking. Of course, immediately after, things started going really wrong. This started with TB (of some kind) and things just went downhill from there, with one after the other thing going wrong. But we can truly blame a lifetime of smoking for this one.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'm so glad to be able to say that Dunhill is out of hospital after almost 3 weeks. He is still very ill and will take six months to a year to regain his health and deal with a number of complications. Dunhill had Leptospirosis in combination with a rare hepatitus clone - to the tune 0f 98% death rate in the DR. He says he feels like he has been too long under water.

No matter that we all are sometimes down on the quality of Dominican health care, Arjan says : "Luckily i was in a Dominican Hospital and 1 doctor recognized the symptoms of the combination." The Doctor said that he saw the combination of health issues that hit Dunhill only 4 times in his 40 years of practice.

Welcome back my buddy!