DO. address and IP #

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm fairly sure that I can have a .DO address for a company, but how can I show a IP address that is out of the country while I am using in the U.S?

This might be elementry but I can use some help on this question.
Thanks
JOHN

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you link two puters together by network, one with you in the US ands the other in the DR, the one in the US could control the one in the DR, then anything you emailed or any site you surfed into, would read your DR IP.
Follow what I mean?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You my friend need a Proxy Server, go here:

Proxy List Free: Proxies in country Dominican Republic - domain .DO. AliveProxy WEB SSL VPN Anonymous Secured Internet Access Services

In your Browser you will need to go to tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, check in the box that says use a proxy server with your LAN, press the advanced buttong and there put in HTTP the proxy address that you will find in the page I already put. Choose the high anonimity one followed by the less response time in milliseconds.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You my friend need a Proxy Server, go here:

Proxy List Free: Proxies in country Dominican Republic - domain .DO. AliveProxy WEB SSL VPN Anonymous Secured Internet Access Services

In your Browser you will need to go to tools, internet options, connections, LAN settings, check in the box that says use a proxy server with your LAN, press the advanced buttong and there put in HTTP the proxy address that you will find in the page I already put. Choose the high anonimity one followed by the less response time in milliseconds.

It seems like just what the doctor ordered. I think. Thanks.
JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I always learn by just asking

Thanks for the information. I've bookmarked the link to TOR from a google search and will study it later with "my web designer expert".

Thanks again,
JOHN

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Web site domains for Dominican business - .com and .do?

Can anyone give me some advice?

For a Dominican business Web site, is there any advantage to registering both the .com and .do domains?

Thanks, in advance!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Marketing Advantage?

Can anyone give me some advice?

For a Dominican business Web site, is there any advantage to registering both the .com and .do domains?

Thanks, in advance!

My first question would be definition of "Dominican business". If it is truley a "Dominican business I would think it (.do) might lend more credibility to the name. If it is a International biz perhaps the .do might give another type of image to the customer.I think it becomes part of your marketing plans.
BTW--.do AND .com (both) might not be available. I have seen tons of names avail. one way and not the other.

The basis of my OP was for one part of my business that I am developing I have already registered the name under .com but want to offer a service/products that might have a marketing advantage under .do.

john

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
My first question would be definition of "Dominican business". If it is truley a "Dominican business I would think it (.do) might lend more credibility to the name. If it is a International biz perhaps the .do might give another type of image to the customer.I think it becomes part of your marketing plans.
BTW--.do AND .com (both) might not be available. I have seen tons of names avail. one way and not the other.

The basis of my OP was for one part of my business that I am developing I have already registered the name under .com but want to offer a service/products that might have a marketing advantage under .do.

john

Thanks John! I understand your point. And I just accidently typed www.dr1.com.co !! instead of .do (Robert wasn't joking about Colombia!)

So from my understanding you have to go through the Dominican Republic NetWorks Information Center to register a .com.do domain. ($70 US for 2 years).
N S . N I C . D O / FAQ

Am I wrong here? Thanks, in advance.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Thanks John! I understand your point. And I just accidently typed www.dr1.com.co !! instead of .do (Robert wasn't joking about Colombia!)

So from my understanding you have to go through the Dominican Republic NetWorks Information Center to register a .com.do domain. ($70 US for 2 years).
N S . N I C . D O / FAQ

Am I wrong here? Thanks, in advance.

This I can't answer with authority as I have not done it yet.
I'm sure someone will answer the question here in a couple of days.
Good Luck
JOHN

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Peetie, I have no idea who you are, but anytime you want a good dinner in Santiago, let me know and it will be my pleasure to invite you. Its hard to find guys that understand your level DNS and mailserver configuration in the DR. :)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Thank you for the tip on Spam filters. I would have thought .com would have been filtered more. So much to learn, I appreciate your generosity in sharing.

Could incoming mail go to multiple .com addresses and then be forwarded to various accounts (hotmail, gmail, yahoo) where the recipient(s) would be able to "reply as" using a .com or .do address??

I'm sure a host will answer all this Peetie, I'm just trying to line up the duckies first and figure out the best way for multiple individuals who use hotmail and gmail to receive and reply to mail as .com or .do? I guess it would be a nightmare to get them to configure their MS Outlook or Hotmail or whatever. (We would have to go there...:) ) Or would they just login to a Webmail account and reply?

I can only offer your gf ESL classes in Toronto or dancing in POP.

Last edited:

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
If I'm not wrong then I think you can only get a .com.do domain here and the hassle is to actually go to the PUCMM and pay for it all the time.

Another disadvantage is that the people here don't seem to know much when it comes to changing DNS etc. and on top you have to deal with the PUCMM on one side to get it changed and Codetel on the other side who always have problems with their DNS servers TTL.

If anybody needs good hosting just PM me, I have my Servers in a Data Center in Texas and can set-up new sites in minutes.

Happy eastern weekend.
Marcel

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
I know but it's bad for local businesses who depend local not so high-tech users being connected to codetel, centennial or any other bad service here.

For my part at least I have my hosting facility outside the country and normally no problems using any other domains than .com.do , but when it comes dealing with the PUCMM and codetel to get some simple DNS problems fixed then it's getting funny.