Rates for longer trips on Motoconcho?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hentonjd

Dec 23, 2007
I am aware of the going rates for motoconcho rides within the Sosua area, but what about for farther trips out into other towns such as Montellano? Just trying to save a few bucks and enjoy the ride at the same time.

Thanks in advance.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am aware of the going rates for motoconcho rides within the Sosua area, but what about for farther trips out into other towns such as Montellano? Just trying to save a few bucks and enjoy the ride at the same time.

Thanks in advance.
A motoconcho will charge you a lot more than a public car or a guagua, for a given distance, and the motoconchos are ultra dangerous on the highway, as they are liable to get run over by faster moving vehicles.

hentonjd

Dec 23, 2007
Sounds good. I'm just needing to know where the public car and guagua pickup/dropoff stops are in Sosua and along the main highway heading towards PP.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I had a friend actually ride a motoconcho from POP to Rio San Juan for 300rd!! The rum to relieve the pain on his backside was quite a bit more.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I had a friend actually ride a motoconcho from POP to Rio San Juan for 300rd!! The rum to relieve the pain on his backside was quite a bit more.
300 pesos would be considered very cheap for that trip of 1 1/2 hours.
Could you be mistaken on the price?
As economical as those small bikes are, they would waste the 300 pesos on gas alone, for the return trip.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Actually, the publicos were on strike that day, which forced my friend to take the moto, and yeah, that?s what he paid. Surely he negotiated, and the moto driver got a handsome tip for his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.