Luperon - Isabela

Borec

Dec 20, 2005
Ok folks, me again asking questions.
It has been sugested that I should go and see the northern coast, so I started to look into it. I usually use googleearth to plan my trips, unfortunately the area I am looking into is not in high definition. So here is my question.

It seems like there is a road between Luperon and Isabela which goes directly west from Luperon (I would call it the northern route, as opposed to the normal southern route that does exist :))

Can anybody confirm this, did anybody took this road/track? If so, what is the condition of it like (I do have real 4x4)

Thanks in advance

David

See my pictures from DR at David's Pictures of Dominican Republic

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
That road is fine, no 4x4 needed. Dont forget to post some northwest pics. :)

LuperonBoater

Sep 27, 2006
Luperon to Isabela road...

Ok folks, me again asking questions.
It has been sugested that I should go and see the northern coast, so I started to look into it. I usually use googleearth to plan my trips, unfortunately the area I am looking into is not in high definition. So here is my question.

It seems like there is a road between Luperon and Isabela which goes directly west from Luperon (I would call it the northern route, as opposed to the normal southern route that does exist :))

Can anybody confirm this, did anybody took this road/track? If so, what is the condition of it like (I do have real 4x4)

Thanks in advance

David

See my pictures from DR at David's Pictures of Dominican Republic

Hello David... This area is indeed very beautiful and the road from Luperon to "La Isabela" - more commonly referred to as "El Castillo" - is indeed a good paved road. However, if you are referring to "Villa Isabela" which is on the other side of the river you will very likely need a 4 X 4 vehicle. There is no bridge crossing the river and at the proper time of the year you can drive through the river. After a heavy rain it is not possible. So, the road from Luperon to "La Isabela" is fine but on to "Villa Isabela" you need to cross the river which has no bridge! I hope this helps somewhat... :glasses: