roberry/shooting in La Mulatta

cork

Aug 23, 2003
I was just called by a neighbor to inform me to be careful. A group of 5 men described as "Haitian" have robbed a house in La Mulatta and 3 people have been shot.

This is unsubstantiated as of now.

A group of 4 men also described as "Hatian" with perfect spoken Spanish robbed a house on Los Llibres 2 weeks ago. They shot at the owner but missed him. The police were called by a neighbor during the crime and showed up at the house 24 hours later.

Please use caution and be observant!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Why always described as 'Haitian'??????

Seems to me that a lot of Dominicans look 'Haitian' also!

Typical of the police not to show for 24 hrs.....they don't want to get caught up in the middle of something.....they might get shot!:ermm:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I was just called by a neighbor to inform me to be careful. A group of 5 men described as "Haitian" have robbed a house in La Mulatta and 3 people have been shot.

This is unsubstantiated as of now.

A group of 4 men also described as "Hatian" with perfect spoken Spanish robbed a house on Los Llibres 2 weeks ago. They shot at the owner but missed him. The police were called by a neighbor during the crime and showed up at the house 24 hours later.

Please use caution and be observant!

Forgive me but I am genuinely interested to know how someone can be "described" as Haitian - is a Haitian indentified by colour, language or what? I am sincerely sorry to hear that people have been shot and robbed though by anyone.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Forgive me but I am genuinely interested to know how someone can be "described" as Haitian - is a Haitian indentified by colour, language or what? I am sincerely sorry to hear that people have been shot and robbed though by anyone.

Hatians are generally blacker in color than Dominicans and they speak french not spanish .

cork

Aug 23, 2003
more info

First of all, note the quotations around the word "Haitians" Polictically correct news would have been changed from it's original form. My source said Haitian so that is what I reported. I was not there, nor did I witness the incident.

Further info is that a family with 2 children were accosted in their home in La Mulata. Their dog was shot in the neck near it's skull. The intruders left with little. Either later, or before this incident, an electrician named Johans was shot. I do not know where nor how. He is now in a hospital.

The MO on the robbery as reported to me is almost identical as the robbery on Los Llibres and very similar to what is being reported at the crime scene in Playa Laguna.

A car parks about 50 yards from the house, 1-3 men go to the house. 1 man stays in the car and 1 man stays close to the car. The men at the house either shoots the dogs or shoots at them until they run off. 1 man stays with the victims while the other(s) go through the house.

In the Los Llibres case the victim tripped his alarm and the robbers left but fired 1 more shot at the victim as they were leaving. The victim had taken cover, luckily, as the bullet went through his sliding glass doors right where he had been standing. They victims house is 100 yards from the AMET station. As in today's cases, the victim, not me, reported the robbers were "Haitian"

J

John Evans

perhaps we should wait to get the official story from the victims...if they want details broadcast then we might get a more acurate picture

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In the Los Llibres case the victim tripped his alarm and the robbers left but fired 1 more shot at the victim as they were leaving. The victim had taken cover, luckily, as the bullet went through his sliding glass doors right where he had been standing. They victims house is 100 yards from the AMET station. As in today's cases, the victim, not me, reported the robbers were "Haitian"
Are you referring to "el Camino Llibre", when you say, Los Llibres?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hatians are generally blacker in color than Dominicans and they speak french not spanish .

I would disagree that Haitans are necessarily blacker than Dominicans although I know that CAN be true and I am aware that the Haitian native tongue is French.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I would disagree that Haitans are necessarily blacker than Dominicans although I know that CAN be true and I am aware that the Haitian native tongue is French.
If I may.....
The OP was relating a story as told to him/her.

When I first moved here, I could not tell the difference between a dark Dominican and a Haitian, now it's as clear as day.
They are quite different looking.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
First of all, note the quotations around the word "Haitians" Polictically correct news would have been changed from it's original form. My source said Haitian so that is what I reported. I was not there, nor did I witness the incident.

Further info is that a family with 2 children were accosted in their home in La Mulata. Their dog was shot in the neck near it's skull. The intruders left with little. Either later, or before this incident, an electrician named Johans was shot. I do not know where nor how. He is now in a hospital.

The MO on the robbery as reported to me is almost identical as the robbery on Los Llibres and very similar to what is being reported at the crime scene in Playa Laguna.

A car parks about 50 yards from the house, 1-3 men go to the house. 1 man stays in the car and 1 man stays close to the car. The men at the house either shoots the dogs or shoots at them until they run off. 1 man stays with the victims while the other(s) go through the house.

I am not defending anyone but there seems to be a rather 'automatic' assumption that perpetrators tend to be "Haitian" - would you agree? If so, why?

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am not defending anyone but there seems to be a rather 'automatic' assumption that perpetrators tend to be "Haitian" - would you agree? If so, why?
That could be an interesting topic for another thread, although it would almost certainly get into racial issues which are taboo here.
I think the OP's mention of them possibly being Haitian is benign.
It is simply part of identifying them, much like saying they were tall or were fat, etc.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

OK. Lets cut the Policitically Correct BS. The guy that got shot is in a clinic and expected to recover fully. He was shot in the ass as he was running away form the scum. They tried to shoot him in the head first, but he pushed the gun away. He says they were Haitian, if you want I could have him contact you when he gets out of the hospital and you can debate directly with him.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Don't Know

I thought something happened in Mulatta 3........no injuries...could be a different thing.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
OK. Lets cut the Policitically Correct BS. The guy that got shot is in a clinic and expected to recover fully. He was shot in the ass as he was running away form the scum. They tried to shoot him in the head first, but he pushed the gun away. He says they were Haitian, if you want I could have him contact you when he gets out of the hospital and you can debate directly with him.
Sorry to hear he got shot but real glad that he's going to be alright.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Sunday, 3:00 PM Las Canas

In light of this incident, and numerous others in the very recent past, a meeting has been set up at Las Canas tomorrow, (Sunday) 3:00 PM to discuss what can be done, and create a plan of action in conjunction with the police department. All ideas are welcome! Please come forward and express your concerns and support!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks for putting this meeting together - I've contacted some concerned parties as well. I think they'll attend. I walk the road often (during the day onlly) and I am very concerned, not to mention scared.

I very much look forward to information on how to take care of ourselves and what to do, or at least what can we do, individually and as a group.

Ro

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

I didn't mean to sound offensive or judgemental in any way and am very sorry to hear that this happened to the guy - very glad he is going to be okay. Wish I hadn't even said anything now - no debate necessary SKY and please accept my apologies for jumping on my 'high horse'.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I didn't mean to sound offensive or judgemental in any way and am very sorry to hear that this happened to the guy - very glad he is going to be okay. Wish I hadn't even said anything now - no debate necessary SKY and please accept my apologies for jumping on my 'high horse'.

Your apology is accepted, and I hope maybe some other "Politically Correct" posters think before they post in situations like these.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
I am not "organizing" this meeting, just providing the place to have it as we have lots of space for meetings of all kinds. That being said, I am very concerned about the safety and security issues in our area, and I would like to know what can be done about it.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
nothing to do with la mulata 3

Tflea - I can report that to my knowledge there have been no incidents of this nature for the past five years in La Mulata 3. That's not to say that I don't welcome a meeting to discuss security issues in the area, and I hope to be able to attend.

La Mulata 2 also has a relatively good record regarding incidents of this nature - There used to be a number of German residents with a reputation for shooting first and asking questions later. Maybe we're all getting a bit "slack" due to the relative calm of the past few years? It seems to me that these guys were desperate, lets hope they get rounded up and dealt with soon...