A trip to santo Domingo and a visit to PIB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yesterday, Saturday for those of you in a stupor, I went to Santo Domingo to referee Judo. The Military Tournament was Friday, and because of academic commitments I could not help out, so I felt that the investment in time and money would be better working with the kids.
There were two tournaments in one: One national and one for kids hoping to get a birth on the national team for the Pan American Tournament in BsAs, Argentina next month.
Unfortunately, many of the refs took the day off and we were very short handed, so I spent the better part of the day walking the mats. It was good, and of the five kids we sent from Santiago we got two double golds and a bronze. The bronze was from a 15 year old rookie, so that was very pleasant. Unfortunately, our lass was not up to form and got pounded. This was a lady that had won gold in the National Juvenile Tournament, and silver in the National Senior Tournament two weeks ago!!... Jus' goes to show yuh....

I had talked to PIB a day or so ago, and since I had a problem with my (her) camera i decided to see whether i could make a "technical pit stop" over at the Pibster's Place.
Winding my way from the Juan Pablo Duarte Olympic Center to the wilds of Nu?ez de C?ceres was an experience, even on Saturday afternoon. OMG! I couldn't imagine that street on a week day...
Anyway, I found the place, and was received cordially by PIB, Momma PIB, and a gorgeous Pibster! BOK is away, unfortunately, but I'll see him in May.

What a place! On the fourth floor of a nice apartment complex, absolutely cool...nice breezes, totally functional (He's Danish, what should I have expected?? She's a genius....so??)

Now I know why DR1 Robert is there all the time for BBQ!! Great place for laying back and chillin' out!!....

Momma PIB knew a few people I knew "way back when" ....and the Pibster was kind enough to give me a couple of earth shattering smiles...

Of course the main idea of the trip into the Semi-Real Santo Domingo (that is the upper middle class Santo Domingo) was to get the camera to work. It took the PIB all of, like, maybe 10 seconds to find and fix the problem, and another thirty second lesson on operating good equipment. For that I am so happy.

By the way, it is a great property....

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sure is a nice place to have a BBQ, I will miss it. I'll guess I'll have to drive a little further east to their new pad when it's up and running :)

Pib's place will sell, lots of interested people looking at it right now.
It's a fabulous apartment and a great buy.

Stunning Penthouse

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
I have to second that...

Sure is a nice place to have a BBQ, I will miss it. I'll guess I'll have to drive a little further east to their new pad when it's up and running :)

Pib's place will sell, lots of interested people looking at it right now.
It's a fabulous apartment and a great buy.

Stunning Penthouse

I've been there too. Nice place. It'll go quick.

RHM

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
When I was in the uni I took a photography class, mainly because I needed a record of my projects and how they advanced. I got myself an old, second hand Russian SLR with a rickety 50 mm glass from a pawn shop. Half way through the course the camera "stopped working", so I took it to my professor, who gave it a quick checkout and told me "I found the problem: it's the photographer".

Your camera had exactly the same problem HB (lens in the wrong position). Thank goodness for whoever invented digital photography.

Anyways, thanks for the visit. I enjoyed a lot and only regret that it was so brief.

And thanks for the nice words about our apartment. We really love it, and I am deeply sorry that we have to leave our little oasis here. Unfortunately the city has turned into hell, our kid will soon start going to a "real school" and I just don't see myself battling through the traffic twice (or four times when she starts some extra-curricular activity) every day. I just can't. Lucky for us we can move without loss of income.

And whoever buys it will inherit our pets :) (he's back!)
Our 'dumb bird' on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Portrait of a Dumb Bird on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The Far Side bird on Flickr - Photo Sharing!