Scooter cost ?

Feb 4, 2008
Going shopping for a scooter tomorrow in Puerto Plata. Any idea of how much average price is for a new one 150cc and under ? Just want to make sure I don't pay too much.....

Also any ideas where I may find a slightly used one for a good price in this area ?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Buy new for about $1000.00 U.S and sell when you leave.

Do not try and save a couple of dollars etc

Aug 21, 2007
I shopped all over, Soaua to Gaspar Hernandez. They all cost about the same. However, I LIKED Banny Katz in Sosua the best.....They are a Jewish Dominican family, who all work in the business. (They have an interesting story of their heritage to tell.)

Doing my transaction, I found them honest, sincere, and efficient. Since purchasing the motor scooter, my gardener used it and returned it to me in deplorable condition. I went back to Benny Katz with it and he fixed it back up to new condition.

AFter a couple of bad experiences, I am reluctant to recommend a business or service, but I don't think you can go wrong with Benny Katz. Good luck!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just don't get sucked into buying a Chinese model, no matter what BS the salesman gives you about it actually being a Suzuki engine, blah blah blah.
They sell for half the price of the Jap ones, and for good reason.
They are pure crap.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Just don't get sucked into buying a Chinese model, no matter what BS the salesman gives you about it actually being a Suzuki engine, blah blah blah.
They sell for half the price of the Jap ones, and for good reason.
They are pure crap.

There is an upside to the Chinese crap....... even the Dominicans won't steal them!!!