seeking to locate SMALL, NEW DR orphanage

buscandocambios

Mar 16, 2008
As I approach retirement, etc. and begin looking to make a change, I was hoping to locate a small orphanage or school or children's home in rural DR to work with, help develop, sponsor, see grow. I find many larger, more established ones with a well defined mission and sponsorship programs and nice websites...could anyone connect me with a newer, even struggling orphanage, with even just a few kids now, and maybe I could partner and join the founder to accomplish good things?.... any ideas or possibilities - all ideas appreciated. BUSCANDOCAMBIOS con un corazon sincero ;)

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hi, I have had a small school helping the Haitians in the Sosua area for the last three and a half years.
Due to some complications and some issues of trust we had to close that project but we have a small school located in another area close by.
We will only be running the school until the remaining funds are used up since we are not searching for more and the project will be finished.

If you are at all interested pm (private message) me and I can tell you more.

For now I have some photos online that you can see at:

http://www.pbase.com/jamesfriesen/school_loma_bajita

Thanks for your willingness to help where ever that may be.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There are two homes for physically and mentally disabled children in the area of Puerto Plata.

One is becoming fairly well established at this point, but the other is struggling. We have just taken responsibility for oversight of the second home, and there is much to be accomplished there.

If interested, you could send me a PM.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have known La Profe 1 for many years & if she is involved, ........ the deal is absolutely straight (you don't mess with the Bishop & get away with it!!!!:cheeky:)

If that should fall through for ANY reason, get in touch with me & I'll introduce you to the Integracion Juvenil Foundation who are currently looking for funding of TWO projects - OUR old house in the centre of town (Puerto Plata) & the halfway house out at Mu?oz.

As you can see, there is never a lack of projects to fund. Just be ultra careful to make sure your money & time is used to the maximum benefit of the children!! ~ Grahame.