Low flying aviation activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Did anyone happen to see or notice a low flying jet over Puerto Plata at 11:45 a.m. ?
I was doing some work outside in the yard and heard a jet coming from the South/ Southeast. It buzzed right over the house, appeared to be a fighter jet because it looked like it had something under the wings...and not turbines either.
It was not a commercial airline, much smaller and very fast.
Typically we see commercial planes heading towards Santiago but usually no other air traffic. We are up by Mt. Isabel and this jet was coming from the Santiago area (South/ Southeast).
Don't want to set off any alarms here, just curious.
This is the first such site of an aircraft I have seen up here.
Anyone know anything? Anyone witness the same fly-by?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Not today..............

....but in the past we, in Costambar, have had 2 of these "jets" pass so low over the house that we actually "hit the ground" and shook for about 20 minutes after.................

.........I don't care what anyone says.........there should be a law against Domincians flying aircraft!!!!!! :surprised

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
In the states there is so much air traffic one justs gets used to it. At night, at any given time you can look up in the sky and see the lights of airplanes.
In Sosua I got used to the incoming/ outgoing plans overhead, but here in the campo air traffic is maybe twice a week(?), and are commercial. They pretty much keep the same flight pattern.
The jet today was something I have never seen here before, caught me off guard.
Yes, they could be chasing UFO's... but then, if there is a UFO sighting it is usually at night???
I have seen many UFO's here. There usually thrown over our wall coming from our irresponsible, non-caring neighbors who think my lawn is their waste disposal dumping grounds. So, not only have I seen UFO's....I have actually touched them.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol reese

In the states there is so much air traffic one justs gets used to it. At night, at any given time you can look up in the sky and see the lights of airplanes.
In Sosua I got used to the incoming/ outgoing plans overhead, but here in the campo air traffic is maybe twice a week(?), and are commercial. They pretty much keep the same flight pattern.
The jet today was something I have never seen here before, caught me off guard.
Yes, they could be chasing UFO's... but then, if there is a UFO sighting it is usually at night???
I have seen many UFO's here. There usually thrown over our wall coming from our irresponsible, non-caring neighbors who think my lawn is their waste disposal dumping grounds. So, not only have I seen UFO's....I have actually touched them.

so they are IFO's then ( identifiable flying objects). :cheeky:

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
.........I don't care what anyone says.........there should be a law against Domincians flying aircraft!!!!!! :surprised
2nk54bk.gif

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It buzzed right over the house, appeared to be a fighter jet because it looked like it had something under the wings...and not turbines either.
It was not a commercial airline, much smaller and very fast.

If it wasn't the twice weekly cocaine shuttle service :ermm: then maybe something to do with Operation Tradewind? Were the markings US or DR?

Say that again next time you're on an American Airlines flight piloted by one of the many Dominican pilots..........:) quite a few of whom live in PP (one is a neighbour) and all of whom read English. Like aerobatics, do you? :laugh:

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
did not see any markings lambada, the jet was too fast. I was focused on the weapon-like apparatus under the wings. Also noticed three commercial flights pass overhead yesterday, which is unusual. Of course maybe since witnessing this low flying jet my attention was up in the sky more than it has been in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.