Easter

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Holy week is a very special religious holiday in the DR. No drinking, no partying, no water sports and no sex but a lot of praying. :eek:

Well at least the part about the motorized water sports is true:cheeky:

drblink

Sep 19, 2007
I love habichuelas con dulce. Especially with those little buttermilk round crackers.
My gf was telling me about how at 5am a group of people will walk to Janico for some special prayer. Part of Semana Santa.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
You forgot the habichuelas con dulce! Yuk!!

god never meant beans and sugar to be put together. the only explanation is that those who eat habichuelas con dulce repent during semana santa. in a church. 5am. serves them right, i tell ya! ;)

drblink

Sep 19, 2007
god never meant beans and sugar to be put together. the only explanation is that those who eat habichuelas con dulce repent during semana santa. in a church. 5am. serves them right, i tell ya! ;)

Wow, that gave me a good laugh.
I usually enjoy the spicy tea they give out during those morning runs to the church.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Easter here is crazy. It is the biggest holiday of the year. Semana Santa.
I celebrated yesterday with a Dominican family for about two hours up in the campo. Drank this "different" tasting concoction called "habichuela con dulce" (sp?). It was made with coconut milk, raisins or cherries, cinnimon and pureed beans. Not bad, but happy to say Easter only comes once a year.