Mail services

beckydoggg

Oct 22, 2002
Please help me.

I have lived in the DR for about 10 years, and have just decided that too much of my mail is not reaching me. I want to have a service in which mail from the states can be mailed to a PO Box number someplace like Miami and the service provider transports the mail to Santo Domingo, and when I am in the capitol I can go to pick it up. However, I haven't been able to find a listing of these companies in the Internet.

if anyone knows of a reliable, trustworthy company, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I anticipate receiving letters, weekly newspapers, and containers of prescription medicines and, rarely, books.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

(I hope I'm doing this right - I'm a newby.)

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Boy can I relate to your problem. As I've shared before, we've received mail about 3 times the whole time we've been here (nearly 2 years). Even our mail that goes through Dh's NY office doesn't make it thru many times (especially books, cds, dvds, candy.)

On an up note, it REALLY cuts down on junk mail!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did not know there was any postal service in DR. i always though local post office in POP is just a catron-made facade...

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Do not use BM

I was a Business Mail customer for three years before I switched to EPS (and have now been with them for about 2 years).

Although EPS is far from perfect, it's head and shoulders above Business Mail.

I would never recommend Business Mail.

Just my two cents.

RHM

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Forget Business Mail

I have been using Business Mail for 7 years. I also would not recommend them. This year, they have lost all of my magazines but 1 (over 15, since 1/1/08) and all but 6 pieces of mail. Numerous calls to their offices in POP, SD and Florida have proven useless. (Missing, of course, is ALL data related to 2007 tax filing!)
I'll be looking into EPS. Do they service the POP area?

Last edited:

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We use Banker's Trust in Sosua, gives us a Miami mailing address and things are forwarded to their office... I don't know where you are located but everything that has been sent has arrived. Albeit on DR time occassionally...

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Trans Express?? Available in the DR??

I visited the Trans Express web site.
It appears that its service is not available in the DR?
Am I missing something? Thank you.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Problems...

The problem with "Bidness" Mail is that they have no reliable system to speak of. EPS gives their clients an online account where you can not only check on your stuff but track it all the way in. The people who work there are not even comparable to the chimps who run BM.

EPS is not perfect but I wouldn't change back if Business Mail offered me the service for free.

As for the others, I have no personal experience with them.

RHM

lili4ever

Jan 22, 2008
mail sent to DR

I sent a package (Christmas gifts) to my fianc? in Santo Domingo with Canada Post Express December 12th, 2007, and he still did not receive it (April 10th, 2008)...I contacted Canada Post and they are investigating it with a letter sent to the post office in Santo Domingo. I will be refunded $100. Never again I'm using this service...I had sent sentimental gifts that will can never be replaced.

I could of brought it with me two weeks ago and he would of received it...

Someone out there is happy!!! looking good and smelling good too!!!

Learning as I the years go!!!

Lili4ever

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
I've been using EPS

for a long time now, but this morning I went to vimenpaq to check it out, and they seems to be ok.
A few months ago EPS changed the po box address, turns out that this address in miami it's been used by vimenca now, the address corresponds to transexpress (7801 NW 34th st). What I see it's that EPS made some changes, they even renew their offices and of course in their changes they charge more per pound, I think they're not working with transexpress anymore.
I'm going to switch to wimenpaq for a while to see how they work, I'll keep posting on how the things move on.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
That is exactly right, I only found out about Vimenpaq because some mail went to the old address for EPS after EPS divorced from Vimenpaq. Vimenpaq called me to pick it up. That then led me to use Vimempaq.
EPS and vimenpaq are two different dominican companies, in fact they're competitors, so they've never had worked together. EPS used to work with transexpress (miami based co) and now transexpress is working with vimenpaq. Maybe (and that's just me wondering) EPS left that market hole at transexpress and vimenpaq saw a niche there so took advantage out of it...

SASDomRep

Apr 1, 2008
Yes there is a mail service here and I was recently surprised at the speed of it. As a test my supplier sent me some brochures from the US, some by normal mail service, they arrived direct to my home in 5 days. The others he sent by EPS, after 3 weeks I starting writing to EPS in Sosua and they eventually sent them to their Cabarete office, - total time? = 1 month 3 days, and it was expensive as I had to pay this end to receive them and collect them. I sent something with Bankers Trust in Sosua to the UK, it arrived within 3 days - excellent service. Other deliveries from US by UPS direct to my home took 5 days - again very good service, and no extra charges to pay this end. USPS are now also doing a postal service by registered mail to the DR.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
USPS Mail Service to DR

USPS are now also doing a postal service by registered mail to the DR.[/QUOTE said:
Will you give me more info on the USPS service? Is there something posted on their web site?
Thanks,
Bob

shoegazer

Apr 13, 2008
Jetpack?

I haven't seen it mentioned, so I will throw it out there.

I use Jetpack Jet Pack, S.A. - Servicios De Courier for getting mail. Mail gets sent to Miami and then shipped over to Sto. Dgo. My husband's family all uses this service, and it is very good. Shipping from Miami to Sto. Dgo. I think goes about every three days, so you don't have to wait too long once your stuff hits Miami.

I have never had a bad experience with them yet, and neither have any of my in-laws.