DR1 New York City gathering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Throwing this out there as an idea. It doesn't have to be a big deal with people trying to rearrange their whole lives just to be there.

I figure a Friday or Saturday night in the city, Washington Heights restaurant with a couple of tables reserved. And if anyone wants to go out dancing afterwards, you'll be in the right part of town.

Let me know if you guys want to organize this.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm going today to do some preliminary legwork today, see which restaurant in Washington Heights is of a decent size and more importantly if they will allow us to reserve a large table or 2, because some of those places tend to get pretty crowded and I believe they work on a first-come first-serve basis.

I'll be speaking to the managers to see whats' up.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Yes we haven't had a get together for a while, come on DR1 New YOrkers, where are you?????

Berzin, Marisco Centro on St. Nick is pretty good.

Does anyone know about Rancho Jubilee? is it better than a couple of years ago?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Yes we haven't had a get together for a while, come on DR1 New YOrkers, where are you?????

Berzin, Marisco Centro on St. Nick is pretty good.

Does anyone know about Rancho Jubilee? is it better than a couple of years ago?

St. Nick and what? Let me know 'cause I'm going out there this afternoon.

I'll take any suggestions if anyone knows of a spot for me to check out.

Its' also not too early to begin the roll call list, so feel free. Um, before that we need a date.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Marisco Centro St.Nick and 183 or 182 sts.

La Casa del Mofongo.....they have a private room where they can accomodate a large group of people........if you like lots and lots of mofongo, this is the place......if you sit in the regular area.....it gets very very noisy.

Bronx...do you have any suggestions, maybe in the Bronx????

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Marisco Centro St.Nick and 183 or 182 sts.

La Casa del Mofongo.....they have a private room where they can accomodate a large group of people........if you like lots and lots of mofongo, this is the place......if you sit in the regular area.....it gets very very noisy.

Bronx...do you have any suggestions, maybe in the Bronx????

I went the other day to a place called Marisco Centro located on Castle Hill.

The food and music was awesome!!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I went the other day to a place called Marisco Centro located on Castle Hill.

The food and music was awesome!!!!

Washington Heights is far from Castle Hill, so I can't scout both areas at once.

But there is a place called "Brisas Del Caribe" on Castle Hill, another busy restaurant that may be good for us.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Washington Heights is far from Castle Hill, so I can't scout both areas at once.

But there is a place called "Brisas Del Caribe" on Castle Hill, another busy restaurant that may be good for us.

Marisco Centro right accross the street from "Brisas Del Caribe".

I prefer "Marisco Centro".

I can scout the Bronx ones if you like.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
So far we got...

Berzin
Bronxboyatheart
M.A.R.
Frank The Tank
Luperon

ADD YOUR NAMES, its' been a while since we've had a get-together!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Marisco Centro right accross the street from "Brisas Del Caribe".

I prefer "Marisco Centro".

I can scout the Bronx ones if you like.

Yes, that would be cool.

Ask the manager if they will reserve a few tables together for us and I'll compare notes with you when I get the scoop on the places I'm going to in the Heights.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Yes, that would be cool.

Ask the manager if they will reserve a few tables together for us and I'll compare notes with you when I get the scoop on the places I'm going to in the Heights.

I can do this tonight since I will be around that area.

Im in and let me suggest a restaurant in the bronx just a bit further north than wash hgts La Cueva de la Amistad located at east 233 st and Broadway in the shopping center so there is no parking promblems and #1 train is located right there also. I know the owner and manager very well and they will hold us whatever we need.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i'd like to go...if it is something informal...but i would prefer the heights rather than the bronx. but who knows...perhpas i can make out there to the boogie down.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
No need to fear the area Badpiece is talking about is pretty safe plus i like the idea that there is a parking lot. This is the very end of Broadway, is a nice area even though is the Bronx, hehehe sorry Bronx people.

What type of food and drinks Badpiece?

HEY BADPIECE, since you mentioned tipico, CAN WE HAVE A CONVERSATION in there or would we have to YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Last edited:
No need to fear the area Badpiece is talking about is pretty safe plus i like the idea that there is a parking lot. This is the very end of Broadway up there going the tip of Manhattan into the Bronx, is a nice area.

What type of food and drinks Badpiece?

They have seafood and steaks as well as poultry dishes and they play mostly tipico music Bachata and stuff like that. Very nice place good mature crowd never a problem. Did I mention I am good friends with owner so he will reserve whatever we need and probably get a better price than going elsewhere. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.