Help find a long term rent in Santo Domingo

cupertino

Mar 21, 2008
Hi!

I am looking for apartment/house/etc. in Santo Domingo for long time rent for my family:

Requirements
- 1 or 2 bedrooms + kitchen area;
- constant electricity and water are very big plus;
- fully furnished - must;
- appliances: washer, Internet access (cable or DSL), stove ? must. Land telephone line and TV are optional, but not required.
- location is in the walk reach (less 10 min) to supermarket, pharmacy, bank, post office - must;
- secured district is a plus;
- all other benefits are welcome and plus;
- reasonable price in US$/per month.

Rent duration: from 1 year and more.
Family stuff: 2 adults, 1 baby, no pets, no smoking, silent.
Settlement date is about: first decade of April, 2008.
Preferred Areas (not obligatory): Naco, Piantini, Bella Vista, Mirador del Sur, Anacaona, Arroyo Hondo, Cuesta Hermosa, Gazcue, El Millon, Los Pinos, and La Julia.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
A furnished rental

Hi!

I am looking for apartment/house/etc. in Santo Domingo for long time rent for my family:

Requirements
- 1 or 2 bedrooms + kitchen area;
- constant electricity and water are very big plus;
- fully furnished - must;
- appliances: washer, Internet access (cable or DSL), stove ? must. Land telephone line and TV are optional, but not required.
- location is in the walk reach (less 10 min) to supermarket, pharmacy, bank, post office - must;
- secured district is a plus;
- all other benefits are welcome and plus;
- reasonable price in US$/per month.

Rent duration: from 1 year and more.
Family stuff: 2 adults, 1 baby, no pets, no smoking, silent.
Settlement date is about: first decade of April, 2008.
Preferred Areas (not obligatory): Naco, Piantini, Bella Vista, Mirador del Sur, Anacaona, Arroyo Hondo, Cuesta Hermosa, Gazcue, El Millon, Los Pinos, and La Julia.

Since I have been through the search, let me ask you the first few questions- do you have a job here, or a fiador, someone here who is willing to sign for you? Can you pay in dollars? ( a big plus) Or can you pay 6 months or the full year up front? What is you reasonable price in US dollars - since districts vary here.

cupertino

Mar 21, 2008
Since I have been through the search, let me ask you the first few questions- do you have a job here, or a fiador, someone here who is willing to sign for you? Can you pay in dollars? ( a big plus) Or can you pay 6 months or the full year up front? What is you reasonable price in US dollars - since districts vary here.

1. No I do not have a job in DR and do not need find job in the future.
2. What means "someone who is willing to sign for you"? - I can sign for myself. But if need a someone for my payable guarantee - I have a few DR residents here.
3. I can pay in US$.
4. If monthly price will be highly resonable (for forwarding period) I can to pay forward up to 1 year.
5. Resonable price is no more US$600-700/month for 1 month forwarding. But price less US$500 seems more resonable for me.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
1. No I do not have a job in DR and do not need find job in the future.
2. What means "someone who is willing to sign for you"? - I can sign for myself. But if need a someone for my payable guarantee - I have a few DR residents here.
3. I can pay in US$.
4. If monthly price will be highly resonable (for forwarding period) I can to pay forward up to 1 year.
5. Resonable price is no more US$600-700/month for 1 month forwarding. But price less US$500 seems more resonable for me.

For your request $375-$425 seems more in line, and you should have no problem just paying 3 months up front......the season is over and with all of the over development on this Island it is a Renter's market not a buyer's market.

cupertino

Mar 21, 2008
For your request $375-$425 seems more in line, and you should have no problem just paying 3 months up front......the season is over and with all of the over development on this Island it is a Renter's market not a buyer's market.

Is US$375-$425 for 1 or 2 bedroom appartment?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Is US$375-$425 for 1 or 2 bedroom appartment?

It all depends on the area. One of my employees is paying $250 per month for a two bedroom.

Every time I speak with him there are always barking dogs in the backgroud, so at the end of the day.......

PM me and I will put you in contact with him