Dominican Republic questions

B

Brian Jones

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling out to the D.R. at the end of the month with my Wife and 2 children. The holiday is an all inclusive at the Casa Marina Reef in Sousa, can anyone advise me how much extra cash I need to take and also what currency it should be in ?, $, travellers cheques or local. Also I've heard that there's an entrance/departure fee to be paid, how much is this please. Any views on the hotel area etc also welcome. Thanks in advance

Brian

K

Katia

It's best to bring American Dollar however, I'm sure that hotel has an Exchange Booth. There is a $10 US fee upon departure at the airport per person. Make sure you have the exact amount in cash only, or else you'll be stuck down there.

Have a nice trip and leave some sun for me, I'm coming down in 3 weeks.

Katia

R

royalgala

Its a 10.00 US per person entry and same leaving. you can buy pesos at the airport Presently the exchange is 1.00 canadian 10 pesos 15.40 pesos to usd just make sure you have enough u.s dol.to leave the country,and buy your pesos as you need them for the will not refund them. Cabarette and Sosuha have cambios or corner exchange kiost, you can shop around for the best price. Cambios take all major currency

B

Brian Jones

Thanks for your replies, one question does the $10 per person also have to be paid for the children aged 2 & 7 years old?
Thanks Brian

J

John

first of all check with your travel agent about this 10.00 u.s. entry charge been to the dr. 5 times never paid it, not to say it was not included in my ticket. as how much money you need per day that depends on your taste. you are staying at an all inclusive resort so really allyou need is a few dollars or pounds if your from the u.k.to spend,but make sure you have 10.00u.s. per person to leave the dr.the best place to change money is right in front of the main entrance to casa marina.i hope you are staying at either the casa marina beach or casa marina reef because if you are staying at club marina you will be disapointed bit of a dump to your standards.if you are try to change through your travel agent,if not don't worry you only sleep there. have a good time also could you do ma a favour and post how the new resort going up next to sosua beach is going they just started construction in april,thanking you john....

R

Roxanne

Casa Marina Reef is a great spot to stay. I stayed at the Casa Marina Beach right next door in April and May. Yes, I went twice! It has an amazing atmosphere. Be sure to take in the shows at night. And the staff there is amazing. I was hoping to return there this fall but it looks like I'll be going to Punta Cana in the fall and Sosua in the spring. Enjoy your trip! I know you will!

A

allan

if you are travelling with you thompsons you will fly with brittannia and you will pay $10 per person on entering the dr but on your return the departure tax is included any other airline or tour company and you will pay both ways I allways carry at least a $100 in u.s and the rest in english you will have no trouble exchanging pounds(libra) over there and you will get a better rate.

enjoy allan

L

Lic. Mercedes Abreu Devillier

Hi,I do not think anybody answered your question abour the entry fee for the little ones. Upon your arrival to the D.R. you are going to need to buy a $10.00 Tourist Card for each member of the family from age 0 till. That is your entry fee, and you should keep it with you till you are ready to check out of the country. The exit fee $10.00 also applies to everyone.

Have a wonderful time!

B

Brian Jones

Dear all,

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to reply. Looking forward to a great holiday (haven't been abroad for 12 years, and not much sun in England).
Thanks
Brian