Boca Chica March 22, 2008 (Semana Santa)

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
Hola,
We are in Boca Chica at 'The Boat House' Using free wifi.... It is Easter here.. and The beach is crazy with people everywhere... well not too crazy. We are staying at Dominican Bay Resort... (about a 5 minute walk from the resort beach... Pretty much right beside Hamaca).. My fiance is getting a massage here at the bar....(falling asleep)...BTW Zaita.... Amazing massage and braids.. It is our first experience with Semana Santa... We are enjoying ourselves.. The weather is really weird for Boca Chica... A few clouds... and rain here and there.. But they say it will clear up this afternoon... If anyone has any questions we will try to answer with the best of our knowledge...
Nikki and Tony

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
hotel in BC for the 27th

I live in the DR and am going to be traveling to Santo Domingo with friends for a few days ...we want to go to BC for the day/night on Thursday and I have been looking through lots of BC hotel posts to find the right place. I had decided on El Candil but it has no vacancy ...my next choice was going to be el Caucho, but all of the phone numbers posted for that place have not worked. From what you've seen so far do you have any other good hotel recomendations. I would like a place with a nice pool area not too far from the beach, and nice, clean rooms.

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
There is Hamaca (4star), it is right on the beach... There is Dominican Bay (3star)... with a 3 minute walk to the beach... and there are several other small hotels (all within walking distance to the beach..
N&T

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Costalunga is another option...aparthotel around the corner from el candil.

809-523-6883

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
not all crazy with costalunga after my last visit (screaming kids in the hall at 8AM in the morning...NOT relaxing)

It depends what you are looking for. I like the hotels that have public areas so you can socialize. (like candil, calypso, garnat). I find costalunga to be like a box. It is fine if you are there just to chica chase...as it offers privacy...but if you are there for more i have a hard time giving it a thumbs up. (and make sure to ask for a room in the back as the motos get really loud at night).

Miguel at the front desk tho is the coolest guy in the world tho. He helped me get a doctor when I got really sick.

this is NOT a slam on costalunga...i just was dissapointed the past two times I have stayed there. I think there are better options around town.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
not all crazy with costalunga after my last visit (screaming kids in the hall at 8AM in the morning...NOT relaxing)

It depends what you are looking for. I like the hotels that have public areas so you can socialize. (like candil, calypso, garnat). I find costalunga to be like a box. It is fine if you are there just to chica chase...as it offers privacy...but if you are there for more i have a hard time giving it a thumbs up. (and make sure to ask for a room in the back as the motos get really loud at night).

Miguel at the front desk tho is the coolest guy in the world tho. He helped me get a doctor when I got really sick.

this is NOT a slam on costalunga...i just was dissapointed the past two times I have stayed there. I think there are better options around town.

Do you feel better now, now that you found finally found your balls?

tambo'

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
I have already read a lot of mixed reviews on costalunga ... I dont think its a good fit. I think el caucho would be nice for what I'm looking for, but I cannot find a working phone number anywhere.

We are not going to 'chica chase' or for any of the night life ...we are just going for a beach day as we will be in Santo Domingo the rest of our trip ...some hang out space by a nice pool would be great ...a good/cheap breakfast at the hotel would be great too

anyone have the number to el caucho?