electronics in DR

ba350z

Mar 22, 2008
Hey, I was just wondering if someone in DR will please give me some prices on some electronics in the DR. Such as laptops and cell phones and digital cameras and dvds players or even flat screen tv's. Can you please post the prices in pesos. Thank you!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The best advice is to buy all of the goods you mentioned in your home country and bring them with you.

ba350z

Mar 22, 2008
I understand that. But i was just wondering the difference in prices because I am going to be making a trip down there in a month. Thank you

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
Flatscreen TVs are generally 2x the price of what you can get them in the US. Premium brands & models (Like Pioneer, Sony, Samsung) can be 3x or more.

Note they sell mostly Plasmas here, which consume a lot more energy then LCDs. Not wise given the Electricity rates.

Bringing electronics is like poker. They are subject to taxation and it may end up costing you a lot (same as buying here). Or if you're lucky you just walk through.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Its not just the price Sky is talking about, its the quality of the product. Here the quality is low and the cost is high. Take Sky's advice and bring them with you.

ba350z

Mar 22, 2008
exactly rocky, I am making a trip next month to stay with some family and until I can get there and talk to them and get one of them to work for me and set up some deals I just need a little knowledge for my trip on what to bring so I can sell it there and give a better price to them. Thanks for all the info people. I appreciate it!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
exactly rocky, I am making a trip next month to stay with some family and until I can get there and talk to them and get one of them to work for me and set up some deals I just need a little knowledge for my trip on what to bring so I can sell it there and give a better price to them. Thanks for all the info people. I appreciate it!
I tried to find you the link to Plaza Lama, as their website shows a lot of electronic prices, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Perhaps someone else has it.