Dish Network in DR Legally?

adca14

Feb 21, 2007
Hi, I've been reading the forums searching anything that has to do with satellite tv. I know that Dish Network can be seen illegally, but I rather pay to avoid the hassle of my service being cut. There's a 6 foot dish in my home already and I want to know if I can sign up for the service here in the US, bring the boxes down to DR, and watch my tv.

P.S. I have hdtvs that I bought, is there any way I can see HD down there with Dish legally, maybe with their HD boxes.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
If you can get the signal illegally, I'm wondering how can they cut your service?
Maybe the 6-foot dish should be "outside" your home? :ermm:
Ok sorry...I'm feeling a little spunky here.
There are a lot of different services you can pay to have service hooked up here, but I don't know if you can do this in the states.
Contact your local dish network provider and let them know your situation, they will be of help. By the way, having your t.v.s brought in will cost you some $$$, maybe you will reconsider your service options, legal or illegal.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Numbers

How is the quality from DirectTV on the TV-screen?
How much channels you get?
The digital picture should be perfect, unless a very heavy shower causes pixelation.
I think the number of channels depends on your package, the more you want, the more you pay.
On the other hand the "FTA hobby" may get you as many as 700 channels (or even more depending on your setup), free...

m'frog

adca14

Feb 21, 2007
Thanks for the info. I have my hdtvs down there, and I'm sending a few more, I didn't pay the tvs since I sent them in a trailer and they were exempt from taxes. I'm still unsure of which route I should take, so just to be clear if I do bring my hd dish box paying for my service, I'll get a sd signal and maybe HD, and if I go the illegal route I'll get service but every once in a while, the box will have to reprogrammed. But will I get all Dish channels or just some? Thanks again.