living in Sosua...

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Hi all. My boyfriend and I are coming to Sosua in May, and we would like to rent an apartment or condo while we are there. I would like to stay in a neighborhood within walking distance of the beach and the main strip. I was in Sosua recently, but I only had time to explore the main strip. I would like to see the residential areas of Sosua.....are there certain areas where most people live? If so, could someone give me an idea where those areas are and if possible, where we could rent a one bedroom apartment for a week. My biggest concern here is seeing the "real" Sosua as we may one day move there. We will not have a car, most likely and we are willing to take guaguas and taxis if needed. Any and all replies welcome. Also, were can I find a good map of Sosua and Cabarete?

Rebecca

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Bay%20distribution.JPG
For Cabarete... Draw a line left to right on piece of paper. Above the line color it blue, below the line green. That's your map of cabarete. ;)

Try this one for Cabarete. A little out of date (5 yrs+/-) as some businesses have changed & there are new condo complexes not listed, but in general it's still 'fairly' accurate. http://www.olasdeorovillas.com/villas/Cabarete01.jpg

Cabarete01.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
CFA, Ya gots ta make them thar pix smaller, Dude.
These stretched out threads are for the birds.

For the OP.
Here are some Sosua maps.
There's oodles of decent condos in Sosua, 1 and 2 bed units.

SosuaMapdv.jpg

sosua-map-printable2.jpg

sosuamapd.jpg

sosuamapzdf2-1.jpg

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
lodging...

How much do you want/have to spend, and what type of amenities do you want?

Up to $500/wk, 1 bdrm/bath, full kitchen, a/c. We don't need high end luxury but a decent view of either the hills or the ocean would be nice. A pool would be nice as well.

R