question: minor flying rule (non rev)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have a nephew who's father (my brother) works for delta airlines. He wants to fly to santiago from JFK or atl-pop. The problem is he is 16 yrs old. I would like to know if a non-rev passenger can fly alone on delta if he is 16 yrs old and can he leave this country alone as well or does he need permission from his parents? Signed, authorized papers?
Please folks, do not jump to conclusions: I know kids can fly alone but he is a non-rev passenger so delta rules are different for that. Then I would like to know, since he is minor, can he leave the country alone without problems?
AZB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have a nephew who's father (my brother) works for delta airlines. He wants to fly to santiago from JFK or atl-pop. The problem is he is 16 yrs old. I would like to know if a non-rev passenger can fly alone on delta if he is 16 yrs old and can he leave this country alone as well or does he need permission from his parents? Signed, authorized papers?
Please folks, do not jump to conclusions: I know kids can fly alone but he is a non-rev passenger so delta rules are different for that. Then I would like to know, since he is minor, can he leave the country alone without problems?
AZB
Wouldn't your brother be able to get that info, as he works there?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
I understand from Continental (in the case of U.S. citizens) that as long as the minor has a valid passport AND is reported on the NON REV sheet of the employee as a passenger authorized to fly on the non rev sheet, that they can fly without any authorization papers from the parents etc.

Jun 5, 2004
Hey AZB, the minor would be able to travel by himself as a non rev passanger. Also most airlines do not charge their employees for the UMNR (Unaccompanied Minor Service). Hope that Helps!

AP

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the help you guys.
Rocky, I know what you are thinking but my brother is in jagarta, indonesia and he works in the technical dept. No relation to reservation or ticketing. In any case, dominican republic also has laws that prevent minors from leaving the country without the written consent of the parents. So naturally I was concerned with all the red tape. All is settled, my BOY in STI will get me through even if my nephew has no written consent to leave the country. All you need is contacts in this country and the rules can be bent for you. hahahahaha.
AZB

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
word

So naturally I was concerned with all the red tape. All is settled, my BOY in STI will get me through even if my nephew has no written consent to leave the country. All you need is contacts in this country and the rules can be bent for you. hahahahaha.
AZB

very true my friend, rules are made to bend!

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB

AZB..as a GRS rules on Deltamatic cumputer few years ago...UMNR to flight international flight's was not allow on Delta..but remember that for internal use for boarding this flight is considere as Domestic/caribbean.
Just check with STI Spvrs to make sure. I wil do my best to check on the GRS (general reference system).

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I talked to sti staff and I was told its ok and he will be alright.
Thanks.
By the way, there do you work now? I asked for you a few times in concourse E, but it seems like you don't work there anymore.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I talked to sti staff and I was told its ok and he will be alright.
Thanks.
By the way, there do you work now? I asked for you a few times in concourse E, but it seems like you don't work there anymore.
AZB
I change Department 1 year ago...Now I work in the Air..not as a pilot...but as a Mozo...LOL call me or PM when you in ATL.