Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why they make less money?

I tell you why some people make 6-10 thousand / month (or even less).
    Do you know what they have to offer? I had a kid in my office just now. He drove here in a car from mao. He didn't bring his parents to my office because he was embarrassed to be seen with his mother to a doctor's office. He is a big man now so he fought with his mom to come alone like a man should do.
    So he shows up just fine and when I told him to fill out the form guess what? He doesn't know how to write. he got his HIP HOp , reggeaton outfit right but he can't write. He claims to be in school yet he can't write. He only knows how to sign his name which is not legible. So I made him write his name in letters, in a legible manner. He balked for a moment and went into a thinking mode. then he tried to write alphabets in a retarded manner, struggling to draw east letter of his name and then comes out mis-spelling his name. His name is Jeffrey, yet he wrote Jeffey. Then he tells me, es lo mimo (mismo). So I had to give him a lecture which he didn't appreciate at all.
    I get so many people everyday who can't read or write and these girls are your average workers and worse, office workers. they can't spell, read or write correctly. Has anyone tried chatting with dominican girls on a chat site? They can't write to save their own life example: bamos a ber (vamos a ver), tomar cerbesa, etc.
    How many of you guys have smart maids? Hahahahaha.
    I rest my case.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Damn

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    Do you know what they have to offer? I had a kid in my office just now. He drove here in a car from mao. He didn't bring his parents to my office because he was embarrassed to be seen with his mother to a doctor's office. He is a big man now so he fought with his mom to come alone like a man should do.
    So he shows up just fine and when I told him to fill out the form guess what? He doesn't know how to write. he got his HIP HOp , reggeaton outfit right but he can't write. He claims to be in school yet he can't write. He only knows how to sign his name which is not legible. So I made him write his name in letters, in a legible manner. He balked for a moment and went into a thinking mode. then he tried to write alphabets in a retarded manner, struggling to draw east letter of his name and then comes out mis-spelling his name. His name is Jeffrey, yet he wrote Jeffey. Then he tells me, es lo mimo (mismo). So I had to give him a lecture which he didn't appreciate at all.
    I get so many people everyday who can't read or write and these girls are your average workers and worse, office workers. they can't spell, read or write correctly. Has anyone tried chatting with dominican girls on a chat site? They can't write to save their own life example: bamos a ber (vamos a ver), tomar cerbesa, etc.
    I rest my case.
    AZB
    damn bro, you are angry! what exactly do you do for a living in DR? just curious because you wrote you have an office. I agree with you, DR has a low literacy rate...there are very few people I know that can read and write very efficiently. I wish the people did more to further their education and realize how important it is to be able to read/write.
    I wont even get into the hip hop/reggeton stuff....you cracked me up with that story...

Post Thanks / Like

I can empathize with AZB. I have been saying, for years, ad nauseam, that the "official" numbers are bull doo-doo...
    How many of those of you that are reading this post have been asked by a Dominican to assist in filling out Immigration or Customs forms on the airplane. "I forgot my glasses" ; "I don't feel well" ; "I do not understand the form" etc etc.

Many high school graduates cannot read a frontpage of a newspaper....fact.

Unfortunately, schools, good teachers, labs, librarys (computer rooks nowadays!!), are not what win elections....so they are verylow priority.

For example, those of you that live in Santiago or Puerto Plata: Go to the UASD and walk around. Look in the classrooms, "labs" , library(?). See what curriculum are offered, and just how many courses are really given. You will get a new picture..

HB

"..computer 'rooks' ..." = places where computers roost??? Maybe a new term for computer rooms???? HEHEHE.....isn't English fun??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried chatting with dominican girls on a chat site? They can't write to save their own life example: bamos a ber (vamos a ver), tomar cerbesa, etc.
    Some of the liberties they take with the Spanish language are downright vexing. The omission of letters, the transposition of words, and the inaccurate syntax are sometimes too much for me to decipher. However, their great looks usually make me overlook these matters.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalencastro View Post
    damn bro, you are angry! .
    yes, I am angry. This kid drives a car, dresses up like a tigre, has his reggaetton gear just right and he thinks he is cool. Yet this kid can't even write his own name? How could this be possible? He could not write, period. I was shocked to see, he couldn't even spell his own name. His mother called me on the phone and begged me to talk to him so he could bring her along to my office so she could better understand his condition. By the way, I am a chiropractor in santiago.
    if this was my kid, I would straighten him out in one day. So I told his mom, why is it that she needs his permission to come to my office, who are the parents here? Him or you? Some parents have no control over their kids.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, I am angry. This kid drives a car, dresses up like a tigre, has his reggaetton gear just right and he thinks he is cool. Yet this kid can't even write his own name? How could this be possible? He could not write, period. I was shocked to see, he couldn't even spell his own name. His mother called me on the phone and begged me to talk to him so he could bring her along to my office so she could better understand his condition. By the way, I am a chiropractor in santiago.
    if this was my kid, I would straighten him out in one day. So I told his mom, why is it that she needs his permission to come to my office, who are the parents here? Him or you? Some parents have no control over their kids.
    AZB
    That was punny!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

In my HO and based on my moderate ten year Dominican experience, the reason for them not being rich is that a majority of them DO NOT WANT TO . Believe it or not.

There is a strong demand for workes in construction sites (according to my friends-builders), agriculture, other areas that need manual work. They do not go there. Instead they ( 20-35 y.o. perfectly healthy males) sit in dozens in the beach waiting for a stupid gringo to rent him a chair or umbrella. Or on the street corners in hope to rent out a car or a bike. Or in their beach stores, where nobody in his/her right mind woud buy anything. Or in their boats offering a banana ride.

Often after the whole day of the idle sitting, swimming in the ocean and discussing white women`s bodies on the beach they do not have enough money even to eat. But still refuse to go work in construction for instance.

I respect hard working Dominicans (and people of other nationalities). But lazy jerks of any skin color do not deserve neither money nor good life.

I rest my case.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Agreed

AZB
    i totally agree with you my friend, I understand and share your anger because kids should be striving to be making lives better for themselves...
    I hear you on the straightening your own kid out [no pun intended], i would do the same thing!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    A chiropractor???? That explains everything about you ABZ. You probably tell people you are a doctor. HaHaHa.
    After healing hundreds if not thousands in this country, I don't wonder why they call me a doctor. Only fools like you are still questioning the authority and powers of chiropractic.
    By the way, majority of people come to fake doctors like myself when they get tired of the real doctors around them. Then we cure them of their aches and pains of many years.
    Now a days, many open minded medical doctors refer patients to chiropractors. Like-wise, I do the same. We are all here for the better interest of patients.
    If by any chance you are unfortunate enough to end up in my office. I will show you my authority and believe me, you will call me a doctor.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

hey i'm serious about coming over and getting straightened out, im not doubting your profession or credentials as I have been to chiropractors before!
    first time in DR though! i'm in...whats the appointment book look like for august?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast