Casa Nina - Las Terrenas - please help the dogs

sonnemuc

May 28, 2003
I would like to give a short information about Casa Nina in las Terrenas, because I spent 2 weeks there and I was more than disappointed. In fact, it was a really bad experience for me.

The owners of casa Nina are not the same as before. There is a French family owning the place now, these people don’t care at all.
Not about their guests and less about their dogs.

1) The Taxi I reserved to pick me up from the airport never came. I had just been 16 hours on an airplane... (single female traveler) .
I had to find my own way to LT and when I asked them about the taxi, I realized they had completely forgotten about my arrival - nobody even apologized, they just looked away and ignored my question…

2) They keep 2 big dogs (a Rottweiler and a mix) in a tiny 1,5m x 1,5 m box! Night and day. Sometimes for a whole week. Nobody walks the dogs and nobody cares. They sometimes even “forget” to feed them and give them water.
It broke my heart, I had sleepless nights because of that... how can anybody be so heartless???
They told me they “have to do that” because their clients are afraid of dogs.

If you live in LT and you like dogs, please go there and talk to these heartless people…
I tried for 2 weeks, and they actually managed to release the dogs ONCE - one evening! (I guess that’s enough for the next 12 weeks….) :ermm:

I was told I were the only guest who EVER complained about that - if thats true, I think its a real shame... it seems people tend to look away because it might spoil their vacation. (well, it spoiled mine!)

IF you should go there - PLEASE tell them you hate to see this.
If you live in LT, please help!

Thanks!
Regina (Germany)

sjhersh

Apr 9, 2007
hmmm...we stayed at Casa-Nina last year and although dogs could be heard around/outside the inn, we didn't see any dogs of consequence on the property. we were there about 10 days.

that's too bad as we found Casa-Nina friendly and willing to help in all regards -- and our French is terrible along with my spanish.

I guess your bad experience balanced out our good experience -- the world remains in balance.

spirits,

seth j hersh (NY, USA)

sonnemuc

May 28, 2003
Hi, they ve had the dogs only for about 10 months or so, I guess thats why...
they loved them when they where puppies, but a Rottweiler grows fast and now they just dont know how to handle him anymore!
he is still young - he wants to play. But hes kept like a prisoner... its so sad.
these people never had dogs back in France, they seem to be helpless...