Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa to the UK

Post Thanks / Like

Default Visa to the UK

I am new to this site. Does anyone know of any Dominican men who have successfully qualifed for entry to the UK? Either by tourist visa or fiance visa.
    Last edited by AnnaC; 03-25-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: trying to help

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by faguens View Post
    i am new to this site. Does anyone know of any Dominican men who have successfully qualifed for entry to the UK? Either by tourist visa or fiance visa.
    I do. He went in December on a Fiance visa for three months.
    Last edited by AnnaC; 03-25-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm moving your question to the visa forum because that is what this question is about

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Qualification is very difficult to get to the UK.
    There is no such thing as a finance visa in UK its an American term.
    The best way is to go as a tourist and apply in the UK, then contact one of the many very good lawyers who work in this area of the law...some even work for free but are always very busy as you can expect. You can legally stay upto 6 months but the eviction rate in the UK is very low so to over stay is common.

If you marry in the UK you have a better chance of success, its much harder if you marry here and then try to move. At the moment there is no points system in the UK but there is talk of it being introduced so try and find out what your score is likely to be first....subtle changes can make a big differance. Perhaps the best way is to get a job first which is not as hard as you might think ther are hundreds of agencies that will find you work...but remember do not pay anything up front to any agency in fact its illegal for them to charge you as the client always pays any recruitment fees.

Hope this helps ...also there is a small but lively Dominican presence in London but vey little outsideof it.

Skippy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tish View Post
    I do. He went in December on a Fiance visa for three months.
    Had he been seeing her for a length of time?

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband. Three times on a tourist visa. Plus three Dominican men, married to British women I know are now living in the UK, who went on a permanent basis.

Matilda

Post Thanks / Like

If you need for info click here

Post Thanks / Like

My husband visited the UK twice before we were married, the first time on a student visa (he attended a language school) and the second on a tourist visa. Since we got married (we live in the DR) the consulate have granted him 5-year tourist visas on request.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    My husband. Three times on a tourist visa. Plus three Dominican men, married to British women I know are now living in the UK, who went on a permanent basis.

Matilda
    Hi, thanks for your reply. Was it easy to obtain the tourist visa for your husband? And how long had you been seeing him before you invited him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    If you need for info click here
    Hi Anna,

i already have these details, but thanks for that. What i need to know is more detailed, such as if i was to sponsor him, is there a minimum amount of savings that i must have, or minimum annual wage i should be on, to qualify for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast