Itching and Rash

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
I have gotten a rash and itch so badly can't get to sleep.
It is worse at night. I have no allergies that I know of and have been to the RD many times before and have never had this.

I have washed all of the bedding and my clothes and have tried topical cream and taking Anti-Allergenic medicine but nothing seems to be working.

Municipal water supply with tinaco - maybe not enough chlorine or too much?
It is driving me crazy and can't sleep.

Any suggestions?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
First of all, nothing works better than allo vera. the real thing, straight from the plant. The stuff's all over the place.
You can put it on as many times a day as you like.
There are so many possible reasons as to why your skin is acting up.
We'd all just be guessing.
Do it the detective way.
Make a list of everything that is now different from when you did not have the rash.
For instance, if you have been living with the same water supply for a period of time, it's not likely to be the problem, whereas if you just changed detergent brands, that could be it.
Only you can figure it out.
It can be food related, water you swim in, contact with another person, some type of infection, etc.

sabra

Jun 16, 2007
itching an rash

It is worse at night. I have no allergies that I know of and have been to the RD many times before and have never had this.

I have washed all of the bedding and my clothes and have tried topical cream and taking Anti-Allergenic medicine but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions?
what rocky wrote, aloe vera is a good thing and
often helpful. ca. 1 year ago I was in same situation like you, itching and
itching.., cleaning all, thinking from what ca this be. medicine from the
doctor, not really helpful. than, beside a discussion with the vet because
my dog the idea was born to try it with the medicated dog shampoo
AZUFRIN. I did it, let it be on skin around 10 minutes before wash off.
This I did 3 to 4 times a day, ca. 2 days - free from itching!!!!
try it, think you cannot lose:bunny:
sabra

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
New or different clothes powder for washing your clothes? I like the animal thing, we had a construction worker come by the other day. Turns out he had just gotten a dog and was holding it a lot. You could actually see the rash where he held the dog. But, could be anything. Good luck. I'm sure you've tried a cold shower, and often.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Te mandaron un castigo.....

Any suggestions?
See, that's what happens when you mess with Dominican parents!!.....Voodoo Time!.

Sorry, could NOT help it.!. Haha.

Aloe Vera is your friend.

If still NOT sure, go to ANY pharmacies and ask the person behind the counter.....NOT the cashier, the person with the white robe on.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
See, that's what happens when you mess with Dominican parents!!.....Voodoo Time!.

Sorry, could NOT help it.!. Haha.

Aloe Vera is your friend.

If still NOT sure, go to ANY pharmacies and ask the person behind the counter.....NOT the cashier, the person with the white robe on.

Good advise. My daughter got a bad rash and I went to the farmacia and showed the woman with the white robe. She sold us a cream and the rash was gone in two days. If that fails pm sunandbuns he had a bad rash a while back. lol

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I vote for scabies. At least one of us has had it now in the house for the last 6 months at least. The problem is the little buggers live in the clothes, sheets, blankets and cloth furniture, so these things have to be changed daily. It is recommended to put a cover on the cloth furniture and change it every day. I'm pretty certain this is why my wife and our youngest daughter can't seem to get rid of it, as my wife doesn't change the covering every day of the sofa where she plants her ample bottom for most of the day. :)

The good thing is the medicine is readily available and works.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good advise. My daughter got a bad rash and I went to the farmacia and showed the woman with the white robe. She sold us a cream and the rash was gone in two days. If that fails pm sunandbuns he had a bad rash a while back. lol
You cracked me up on that one.
If I remember correctly, his was kind of self induced and surely a different problem that what the OP has.
As well, he has a new DR1 name now, albeit that I can't remember what it is, but someone else will.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Take a hot iron and steam iron the bed, this will kill the scabies in mattress surface. Then read up on the threads on scabies and you will have all your answers.
AZB

carrie

Sep 16, 2004
Could just possibly be too much chlorine in the tinaco or the clothes were not rinsed well enough and the residue of the detergent is causing it.

Try some over the counter cortizone cream any brand and good luck.

Try using Dove sensitive skin soap also and avoid all lotions, creams etc until the rash is gone. Sometimes we switch soaps and things happen.

Good luck

Carrie

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
What does the rash look like??

If you can describe the rash and location ,( hey if you want some info. you might have to get a little personal), :cheeky: it might give us more of an idea as to what it is.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you can describe the rash and location ,( hey if you want some info. you might have to get a little personal), :cheeky: it might give us more of an idea as to what it is.
Pictures would be even better, if at all possible.
(No private personal parts please)

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
sounds like scabies, worse at night, i had it in 1975 while attending boston university, went to the school doctor who said i needed kwell lotion, he then proceeded to write something different on the prescription sheet, went to the pharmacy 2 hours later and had it filled, itched like crazy for 2 more days and went back to doctor, showed him what i was using and he tried to make it look like it was my fault for the screw up. i know the script looked a little different than what came out of his mouth but you can't generally read that doctor chicken scratch anyway. you might get some temporary relief from sitting in water as hot as you can stand it, if you have access to hot water................

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i aways bring bacetration and cortizone creams with me (as well as the aloe and moisurizors)

I've gotten really bad "itchies" around my ankles in the past...not for a long time tho...by combo of the two meantioned cleared things right up

and dont forget the bug spray at night (again...i didnt need it a couple of weeks ago...but i always make sure to have it by the bed)

Last edited by a moderator:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Scabies are BED BUGS??? ayyyy i hate those.........so difficult to get rid of them,had them once in my apartment...........they are awful.....they love to feed at night and hide during the day.......cover your mattress with plastic cover. what about calimine lotion for the itching?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Oh, here is the deal. Please stop all your inquiries and listen up. This method will cure your problem in one day.
Take off all the clothes, bedsheets, pillow covers etc. Do the same for your girlfriend also. wash them and dry them outside. Steam iron your sofa and mattress and kill off all the bugs inside. then go to your pharmacy (I am assuming you are in DR), buy dual shampoo, rub it all over you and your girlfriend and anyone else who is complaining of the same symptoms. Rub it all over the body and hair too. Now go to sleep, then wake up in the morning and take a shower.
Life is back to normal.
AZB

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
ya know M.A.R. there have been a couple of times i have suspected bed bugs. And i am not talking about some flop house either (they are all over the news here in NYC...and at high class places). I've woken up a couple of times with blood on the sheets.

Luckily i have never taken them home with me.

someone i was traveling with a couple of weeks ago woke up with major welts (he was staying at a different hotel). Not sure if was skeeters...but it looked like it could have been bed bugs.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
ya know M.A.R. there have been a couple of times i have suspected bed bugs. And i am not talking about some flop house either (they are all over the news here in NYC...and at high class places). I've woken up a couple of times with blood on the sheets.

someone i was traveling with a couple of weeks ago woke up with major welts (he was staying at a different hotel). Not sure if was skeeters...but it looked like it could have been bed bugs.

If it is bedbugs, you need to throw away your mattress and call an exterminator FAST!!!!!!

Only proper treatment will get rid of them. NO HOME REMEDIES!!!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

WElllll I suspect i brought them from the DR......not sure though but i started seeing them a couple of weeks after i got back......but then again a relative of mine had them in her house.....and i visit them from time to time.....so not sure....but motels and hotels are a big culprit....i even think they can climb your suitcases in the airplanes......they are horrible and can live withouth feeding for a loooong time......you must encase your mattress in plastic covers.