Need a Gastroenterologist, please help?

morrissey

Mar 25, 2008
I am here in the country for several months temporarily and need to find a Gastroenterologist who does colonoscopies. Can anyone recommend someone who's been in the business for some time or does anyone know anyone who is an American Gastroenterologist practicing here? THANKS!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Call CEDIMAT In Santo Domingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked there for 10 years,after 25 years at "Mass General Hospital" In Boston.
They ( CEDIMAT) are "Ultra-Modern",and do "Colonoscopies" everyday!
Ask to talk with "Doctora" Catharine Schiraldi.
She is an "Americana" Doctor who can set up ANYTHING you need while you are in the DR.
CEDIMAT 809-565-9989
Cris Colon CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dr. William Aybar
Clinica Dr. Bonilla
Independencia #164
santiago, RD
809-582-2347
CENTRO DIAGNOSTICO
check out the webpage above. This Doctor is the best in santiago.

morrissey

Mar 25, 2008
Thanks for the recommendations!

Thanks for the advice on Gastroenterologists in Santo Domingo area. I think that'll be very helpful!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Dr. Jose A. Castillo
Centro Medico Dr. Bournigal
Puerto Plata.
809-586-6855

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Warning on Hospiten

I just wanted to report to the board that they should be very careful when using some - perhaps all of the private hospitals here - if they do not have local insurance coverage or a comprehensive international policy. I was referred to the emergency room Hospiten - a slick modern hospital-with a branch in Punta Cana- for a blood test for maleria when I returned ill from the Haitian border with flu symptoms and diarrhea.

I asked for just that test - a blood test on maleria, but gave the desk my VISA card. When I was discharged, they gave me a bill for over $300 for a complete blood work up. Now, it was ok since I had not had a complete work up in a couple of years but it was not what I asked for.

After that experience, I stick with Clinic Abreu, which is the hospital that the US government uses for all its peace corps volunteers. It is not a shiny new facility but I have had friends who have had advanced surgery there - hysterectomy - broken pelvis - with complete sucess.

So, as in everything here - caveat emptor.