Unlimited calling to Mobile numbers?

losplatanos

Jan 30, 2008
I been looking for a plan that would let me have unlimited calling from USA to any mobile number in the Dominican Republic. SO far i have found about 6 or 7 companies that have unlimited calling but only to Landlines, but that does not work for me because everyone i know only have a cell phone. So is there any way or any company that offers unlimited calling to mobile numbers without needing a computer or dsl line. just making direct calls. I am willing to spend about $50 a month. If any one know of any ways, please let me know. :ermm:

pi?acolada

Mar 9, 2005
I use SkyMAX service and I make unlimited calls from The Dominican Republic to ten USA or Canadian numbers ( both landline or mobile phones) I pay $RD320 (about $US10)

tuxedodan

Sep 22, 2004
losplatanos .. what companies do you use to have unlimited calling to the DR from the USA? I don't want to use VOip. I want something like skymax in the USA..thanks!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
unlimited calling to DR cells... :(

I dont think it will ever happen, the cheapest I have found, that is not a calling card, is google voice. 14 cents a minute to a cell, great for short calls.

ettamarie93

Feb 3, 2012
Vonage World Premium Unlimited

Vonage World Premium Unlimited has unlimited calling to landlines and mobiles in the DR for $54.99 a mo +tax. That's the only one I have found so far!

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
boost

I agree with what I have read so far...no free rides from the US to DR mobil phones. I use boost which gives me free unlimited texts and calls to DR mobiles for .11cents / min. Thank God for the free video Skype and MSN/Yahoo messengers otherwise my life would be very different.

jester420

Jun 21, 2007
Unlimited calls to Cell phones doesn't exist because in DR unlike the USA incoming calls are free, hence the Dominican habit of "Dando un toque", ringing you and hanging up before you pickup in order for you to call them back and use your minutes instead of them using theirs. I always ignore these toques just to **** them off....Lol Then I'll pickup on the first ring after a few toques and say "No tengo minutos"....Lol My wife's family hates me, but it helps reduce the visits and calls for money.

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Boss Revolution

Try Boss Revolution, I use them to call the DR it's about 8.8 cents a minute for cellphone calls. So far it's the best one that I've found. Website of the same name.

Good luck.

bori116

Jan 10, 2012
I have this service on my cell, a dominican friend of mine here in NY registered my number with some service I call a 1800 number a ladies voice in spanish asks me to dial the number I need to call I enter the number and the # sign I hear music for a few seconds then I here the phone ring and I'm connected I can talk for how ever long I want, but only to 809 number it can be a cell or land line but it has to be 809. It was a one time fee and I've had it for a few months now. Some times I cant get through but for the most part it has been reliable, and saved me a lot of money. I had a service like it before that worked even better but it got disocnnected and I couldn't get in touch with the guy again. A lot of Dominicans do it in NY.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I use Stanacard it is easy and cheap and goes to Mobile phones but you have to sign up with a phone number to a phone number...but if you are calling only a few numbers in the DR, it is fine and cheap

IMF Brooklyn II

Feb 16, 2004
Santiago
There is a new plan, Vonage World plus 1000 that has 60 countries included (DR is one) You have unlimited land line calls (Actually up to 3000 Minutes. Vonage describes as-Normal Home usage) and 1000 free minutes to Cell phones in the D R. (8 cents a minute after the 1st 1000 min.) The plan is $55 a month plus tax. You can connect one other phone line FREE (called an extension) and you can call from, as an Example: your USA cell phone No matter where the Vonage Modem is located. (vonage.com)

IE. If you make your USA Cell the Vonage extension you can call to any of the 60 countries FREE from anywhere in the USA no matter where in the entire world the Vonage modem is connected.

The Original Vonage World phone service is $15 plus tax for the first 3 months ($26 plus tax there after)and connection equipment and activation is free. Exactly the same service as above except all calls to Cell phones in the DR are 8 cents a minute.

Vonage is a Voice Over IP=VoIP service. You need broadband service where ever you have the Vonage Modem connected. This VoIP connection can be used in any country in the world you choose to have your service, including the DR. The system is portable and it can be used wherever you are as long as you have Broadband internet access. You will need a Minimum of 125 Kbps speed Up and down to have clear voice capabilities.

Last edited:

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
It should be noted that this (Vonage World plus 1000) is a downgraded plan from the Vonage World Plan Unlimited which had ***unlimited*** calling to BOTH land lines and cellular phones.....at roughly the same price..... Our family has that plan now and it is being discontinued by Vonage in March and replaced with the above mentioned plan, which basically limits the cellular usuage to 1000 minutes... We are getting rid of Vonage....they are constantly downgrading plans while not reducing the price.....their "unlimited" was also a joke since they really had a limit of 3000 in the small print. This plan with all the taxes will cost you close to 70.00 per month.