Re: Arcoiris remedy

J

joe shmoe

Re: Arcoiris remedy

By all means, you are free to flood Yale with calls to whomever you want. You are getting very well known.
It has been decided that it is better to disaccociate Yale from this site. First of all the use of a library is to find and share information, and so as the "best source of information" on the Dominican Republic it is very appropriate to use this site. However there are other issues, such as the appearance of the name of Yale being construed as endorsement of this site or its participants or its content. So there will be no more posting of the Yale name as associated in any way with this site.
Have some more rope.

R

Roman

Admit your errors

Can I become well known at Yale also? I never attended classes there, but if complaining about you grants one a "yale note of stature" let me add my name to the list.

Your ISP, Southern New England Telephone will not tolerate your antics long either.

Your post is "cute," trying to imply "yale wishes to dissacoiate itself from thsi board and it's member" Why don't yoiu have the courage to admit you got "booted" and all your crying this morning was to no avail.

I guess you finally got "enough rope"

:)

T

Tom

To "Joe" whomever you are

"Joe"

Let me see if I can "read between the lines" You are saying that "Yale" decided not to allow postings to this site as it implied "Yale" was endorsing this site and it (DR1) was not worthy?

"Yale" may have the status of one of the great Universities of the World, but they do not have the personal experiences of people who have lived and traveled to the Dominican Republic as this board does.

"Joe," why don't you just come out and say what it is that needs to be said?

Tom

D

DR1

Arcoiris just tell the truth...

We are all aware that you also post as joe shmoe, I believe the New Haven Public library?

I have corresponded myself with the Workstation support Manager at Yale. Informing them first when the Yale IP was banned, also when the ban was lifted and why.

Their reply...

"Thank you for lifting the ban on our IP address. We have public-access computers in the Yale Library and this individual seems to have discovered that fact. If you experience any more problems with this person, please let me know. Although we are open to the public, we do have an appropriate use policy for our workstations and if it is violated, library privileges can
be revoked".

Twist it anyway you want...

Robert.

J

joe shmoe

Re: You tell her Rob!!!! DC

I always tell the truth. That's my thing, remember? I didn't get "booted" last time, or this time, though you want to say that. You evidently think that not liking what I say constitutes misuse of a library. That is not true. I asked you if I could come back, and I was not told by DR1 that I was not welcome. I was not advised by DR1 that my posts were inappropriate. If a couple of people don't like what I say and want to threaten Yale, that doesn't mean I get booted. However, the decision has been made to stop putting the Yale name there, as it truely doesn't want to have anything to do with this. "Roman", you are welcome to identify yourself to Yale, and to complain about anything you want. You are welcome to call the New Haven Public Library, too. That will make you more famous. I don't take rope; it is all yours. See, I told JCesar that he was making himself weak by his behavior. I don't do anything that is really wrong, and you have no real case. Sound and fury; like a huracan. Of course people don't like huracans. Some run. Would you like to show me which posts consistiture inappropriate use of a library?

R

Roman

Distortion is YOUR THING

No one from Yale is "banned" by DR1, nor anyone by Yale, save one person. The "decision" was made that "YOU" would no longer use Yale's computers for your personal vendetta. You dislike the fact that others find you offensive and "shut you down," but are too asahmed to admit it.

I know for a fact ( a recent conversation with the director of Internal Security) that Yale Students, faculty and employees can post to and read DR1. It is only ONE PERSON who has been prohibited for using their public access system for her harassing methods.

You don't have the courage nor decency to tell the unadulterated truth even when it stares you in the face

"Truth is your thing" You would not know truth if it bit you in the as...

J

joe shmoe

Re: Distortion is YOUR THING

You say that I am lieing. The careful scrutiny that pursuing your case would entail will show who is lieing. It is true that the ban was lifted from all of Yale that was put on by DR1, but it is not true that I have been forbidden by Yale to use their computers. If there is a ban on me, then you put it on and not Yale. That is what all your communications were for, right? I am aware that some on DR1 don't like what I say, and that is sad. But I'm sure that under close scrutiny I will hold up better than you all around. People from DR1, indeed, have done their very best to "shut me down", for reasons of their own that have nothing to do with "misuse" of any library. Your favorite ploy is to come on like a huracan and intimidate the person you don't like and their provider. Like I said, most people are very afraid of the huracan.
There is an expression called "let go and let God". It is time to do that.
I thought about the rope analogy. It is the slack that having too much rope that gets them in trouble. I don't have any slack at all. Have some more rope means that I am giving you some more slack. How you use that is up to you.

M

Marcia

We know who why you are doing this

My husband and I are both taxpayers in the City of New Haven, and we resent you using the Digital 95 workstation at the New Haven Free Library for your mission of disinformation, religious bull and harassment.

We have placed a complaint with the director of communciation services at the Libray (Jay Glendron) regarding this harassment and abuse

Marcia Palermo

T

Tom

Being "Open"

Joe, not knowing who you are makes it very difficult to have any type of meaningful conversation with you, and leaves me to "decide" what credibility to attach to your posts as you are anonymous, usually the sign of someone with something to hide.

I would be willing to bet that if you posted a real email (Even a web mail like yahoo or hotmail that can't be traced to you)or even admitted who you were, people would receive you so very differently , no matter the content of your posts.

Most people on this board are very tolerant of others (Haven't you ever wondered why it is just you that is singled out?) if they are forthright, post some sort of a reasonable message and don't try to condemn others for everything they do.

Before you become defensive, try it and see if I am wrong. You will get a few "slams" in the beginning, but I am betting that many will rally to your side and converse, support and help with your issues, I certainly would if I knew if I were dealing with a decent person or an anonymous troublemaker.

And again, paranoia doesn't cut it, from experience you know that anyone can be identified and if someone truly threatened or abused you they would be tracked down and prosecuted.

try being part of the community instead of a "thorn" and see what happens.I am certain there is not one person on this board who would not rather get along with you, or object to your messages. You don't have to conform to any set of ideas or principles to behave, dissent all you want, but do it as a real person. Did Gandhi hide, did MLK hide, terrorists hide and that's the implication you get from anonymous confrontational posts.

Should you be unable to swallow your pride and simply say "It's our loss, I don't need you, God knows best etc., that is entirely your option, but from your persistence in arguing your "case," I believe you wish to contribute to this forum but can't seem to fit in.

I recall someone named "arcoiris" with whom I had meaningful discussions, until she decided to go on a tangent, become anonymous, send harassing mail etc. She was a pretty bright person, but seems to have disappeared to the dark side, maybe you know her and might ask her to return to her original form? She could always send an anonymous email if that would help.

Just be honest, no snide remarks...so simple

Tom

J

Jenna

Re: Arcoiris just tell the truth...

Acrcoiris, Joe Shmoe or whoever you are;

Posting under various names is ridiculous! If you don't have the brass to post under one name and deal with the consequences of your "unwelcome and harassing" opinions, then find another board to voice your views.

I, too, called to complain about you to Yale after another member on the board suggested it as a response to your attacks. You need to get a clue when the welcome mat has been removed.

I think you are an embarrassment to the GOOD and helpful people on this board trying try to give helpful advice to others. Like I said, this venue(the board) is for helpful, non-destructive, advice. I will also say after our last encounter last week when you sent me more BS, you turned me away from the board for over week. What a shame for someone who looks forward to checking the messages daily!

All our time is better spent not addressing her anymore, really! I think we are all above this type of banter. This "negative" reply is simply to let others know that she is still up to her tricks. So...why don't we just start ignoring her and getting back to the point of this forum. Sound good?

Still loving everyone else's opinions,

Jenna

J

Jenna

IMPORTANT! Please read this post everyone.

As an additional note, I'd like everyone to know my feelings because I truly feel they are very important to all who read the board.

I posted a message two weeks ago asking everyone to please stop the negative comments because I felt they were distracting attention away from the point of us "sharing information" over the beauty/experiences in the DR.

I was trying to have us all ignore those whom are destructive or have malice in their hearts. My post turned into a slew of attacks on and from the negative people of the board. The whole point was missed. It wound up getting deleted by Rob because of it's ill nature.

I was very sad by this because all I was trying to do was get a positive flow re-established. I hope that everyone understands this was not my intent and... my distress by the fact that the post fell into the same pattern by the likes of Alcoiris, etc.

I love reading the board and finding out about the beauty of the people and the country. Why else would I be coming here every day to hear from you all???

I guess I just wanted to share my feelings on this one. I hope you all understand my original intent.

Sincerely,
Jenna

A

arcoiris

Re: IMPORTANT! Please read this post everyone.

Just to let you know that an investigation has been done, and it is found that there is no "probable cause" to place any charges against me. You can continue your blitz if you like. Have some more rope. It takes more than a blitz of complaints to convince anybody that there is any truth to allegations made for personal reasons. As I said, the scrutiny that it takes to substantiate these charges show what is really going on. As you said one time, nothing is ever really deleted. It is possible to look back at the posts. But the decision will be kept that by choice, I will avoid posting on this site under this id and from here.
The same thing will happen by pursuing a blitz at the New Haven Public Library. It will be found that there is no case, and that you have ulterior motives for your complaints.

J

Jenna

Re: IMPORTANT! Please read this post everyone.

"As you said one time, nothing is ever really deleted."

What are you talking about? I never said that!
More delusions, I presume.

C

CES

Re: IMPORTANT! Please... (Damn, 170 new posts :)

. . . with so many new posts I certainly don't have the time nor inclination to sort through all the personal 'attack dog' junk that's being strewn about lately. . .

> > > "I was trying to have us all ignore those whom are destructive or have malice
in their hearts." < < <

Hi Jenna,

Excellent post!

Some time ago in the "ol' cyber territory" (Bravenet Forum) there was a raucous "shoot out" (but one of many flaming wars). At that time some of the 'folks' of Bravenetville (ol' tymers :) decided to observe "The Non Response Protocol", when the offending desperado started cause'n trouble we (the regulars) would stop responding to the offensive messages, and it seemed to work out that the maverick finally moved on.

I'm included Stefanie's post here as I think you two lades are 'spot on' about this "trouble maker" thing. . .

Regards,

. . . CES

ps . . . during the "protocol shoot out" the main protagonist even accused me of posting under the cover of aliases, something that I've never done, period. . .

~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~ + ~

Re: You go ITD!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!

Posted By: Stefanie <sk71071@aol.com>

In Response To: Re: You go ITD!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!! (Roberto)

First of all you are cusing out the wrong person. I am not the one who posted the "In the Dark" comment,
so you need to stop being so negative and back off. Or at least know whom you are cursing. Second of
all if you are going to be so hateful, and in english, learn english a wee tad better. I would rather you be
so flamboyant in spanish so I could better understand. This message board has become a spawn for
those so full of negativity and hatered. As the good book says: He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly....
An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundath in transgression. Where there is no wood
there is no fire, where there is no talebearer there is no strife. And last but not least, didn't your mama
teach you if you do not have anything nice to say... DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!!! You need to step
back and pipe it. It is not your place to judge.

C

CES

Re: Being "Open" (Hi Tom:)

> > > "She was a pretty bright person, but seems to have disappeared to the dark side, maybe you know her and might ask her to return to her original form?" < < <

. . . seems as the "Dark Side" is still all mighty powerful and omnipresent. . .

Regards,

. . . CES

D

Dee DeMusis

Re: To "Joe" whomever you are

To "joe" and others of that ilk--

Tom is correct. Yale has one of the best libraries as well as being one of the finest institutions of higher learning in the world. People, like arco and I both, use the facilityfor our research and communication. The university, however, does NOT endorse this board but it would not disallow postings. When we use this board, we have to agree to a certain number of guidelines that are certainly more than reasonable.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that some individuals will make some pretty general statements without backing them up with fact. Before we speak we shoul be prepared with correct information...not necessarily to reveal sources but to lead others to enlightenment.

I have been called various things by people on this board, but all I can do is smile and say "vaya con Dios."

Joe-- unless you live in New Haven and use the yale facilities, please watch what you spread.

Dee