New Tires... PriceSmart vs...

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I'll be in Santiago in the morning and need new tires. Is Price Smart the best place, or somewhere better in Santiago..or perhaps somewhere on the North Coast...?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'll be in Santiago in the morning and need new tires. Is Price Smart the best place, or somewhere better in Santiago..or perhaps somewhere on the North Coast...?
We do as well with our Sosua guy than anywhere we can find in Santiago.
He's located 50 feet East of the traffic light on the North side of the highway, just before our street, Dr. Rosen.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Santiago I would recommend Gomas Luis
Av. Colon #50
809-583-4833.

Luis used to have a tire store in the US. Speaks English. You will save money compared to the guy in Sosua. But you can check with the Sosua place and then call Luis. Make sure you get a name brand tire and not a cheap Jananese brand. Trust me on this. Both Luis and the Sosua place carry Toya. A nice brand for the money over here.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
De loen gomas in bartalome colon (next to ferreteria bellon) also has good variety and good prices, plus free alignment.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
De Leon Gomas is fine. So is MAU, there on Bartolom? Colon just before the second light from Hache.
I have priced tires for my little GOLF (197/65-15) at about RD$2700-2900 each...at Pricemart Pirelli. At MAO a little different tire was a bit cheaper. Don't know yet which way I am going...

Do keep us informed. The deal at MAU is that they will mount them and balance them for you....

Blessings,

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks everyone....as always DR1ers come through with the info!

I will jus get a price at Price Smart today then go to the guy in Sosua, then maybe call luis and de leon. I did some research of tirerack.com, but I dont even know which brands are available here...I know PriceSmart carries Pirelli, which is what I was leaning towards...