The DR Ro Sting

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Many of you will remember the wonderful thread from Kevin's (Drro's son) first visit to the DR.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/70064-listen-your-mother.html
So a few weeks ago, he got in touch, planning his next trip back but kept it a secret from Mom.
As it happens, Ro dropped in this morning and was chatting me up and eventually got to Kevin.
I asked her when he was coming and yada yada yada, and eventually told her that I could "voodoo" him here within 24 hours.
Of course, she was blowing me off as any normal person would, but I insisted and told her that I could get the job done for 15 bux, again she blew me off, and when she was just about to leave, I told her that I would spring for the 15 bux and if I got him here in 24 hours, she would have to pay me double for not believing in me and my voodoo contacts.
The deal was made and we shook on it.

Yes, yes, I know, I have a sick mind, but I just can't help myself.
It's in my nature.
Anyhow, off to the POP airport at 2 PM to pick Kevin up, got him showered and changed and went looking for momma.
I located her by phone over at Las Ca?as, hanging out by the pool. I told her that she dropped some valuable object out of her purse, that she had asked me to repair this morning and told her that I would bring it up to her.
So off to Las Ca?as, grabbed Judy from the office with her digicam, sent her on ahead to shield Kevin while I laid back and watched the show.
I can't rightly say what it was she was screaming, but she screamed it at least 4 times, and I just screamed back,
I got voodoo, baby!!!!!

ro_and_son_001.jpg

ro_and_son_002.jpg

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
She said something about the checque being in the mail.:bunny::bunny:
I love how you like to get all fancy with the spelling of check.

Next thing you know, you'll be telling me that you spelled it that way especially for me!

307vxcn.gif

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I'm SO happy that this all worked out! I knew about this for a LONG time.....and am happy that I wasn't the one to kill the surprise! Good thing I haven't seen you much since you got here, Ro....or I probably would have blown the whole thing!! :paranoid:

Good to see you again Kevin!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
OMG! I am blown away by the generosity, the humor, the comraderie and the playfulness of my DR1 family. Now I'll tell my side of the story.

I was very excited yesterday morning as I bought a couch for my apartment and was delighted. I had the delivery guys drive me to town and was running errands. Of course I stopped in to Rocky's to say hi and spent some time talking to Marco who I hadn't seen in quite awhile.

Without knowing it I fed right into his sting. I asked him to fix as coin purse of mine. I took the contents out and he tried (unsuccessfully I might add) to repair it. Then I bumped into a number of you (you know who you are) and it was like old home week for me, not having seen these people for weeks.

Continued on my day, ended up at Las Canas and again saw people I hadn't seen for a bit (having been busy and in SD for a few days) when I got the call from Marco saying, "aren't you missing something from your purse?" I tore the purse apart, was it money, RD or US, was it a credit card, an ATM card, and couldn't find what it was. I was soooo grateful to Marco for his willingness to bring it to me--I waited patiently.

When I saw Judy coming towards me I was going to tell her what happened to my purse and that I seemed to have lost something valuable and then I saw Marco right behind her (I didn't see between them at this point).

The rest is history! So now my anonymity is blown, no I am not (nor was I ever) a man as some used to think.

When we came back to town later in the day, everyone who we saw practically was in on it and because they saw me earlier were afraid (1) I already knew or (2) they were going to tell--none of that happened.

So I was almost convinced there was voodoo b/c Kevin wasn't coming from the get go because of airfare, yada yada yada.

And he's coming home on the same flight as me so I don't have to fly back alone which is wonderful, b/c it's always too soon to return home.

Thank you one and all, and especially Marco, for this wonderfful gift. And No I didn't lose anything out of my purse.

Having lost my parents and sister (for real) I have a wonderful family here in the DR

Hugs to all
Drro or Ro or Kevin's Mom - whatever

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
I have an idea

Warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye.

Rocky, can you "voodoo" people off the island just as easily?

If so, I'll send you a list and a check.

RHM

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye.

Rocky, can you "voodoo" people off the island just as easily?

If so, I'll send you a list and a check.

RHM
No can do.
Incoming only.
Normally, it has to be a blood relative, but I could bring in your ex-wife or mother-in-law. :ermm:

J

John Evans

a nice story to come back to.....now then ! has your bag turned up yet ?