Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hiring a Security Guard

I might have to do this, so I'd be interested in what opinions y'all could share.

Which is better, hiring a guard yourself, or hiring a company to do it?

We're in Jarabacoa, and have business assets to protect within a walled, gated, 1 acre compound, in a very nice area. The property is bordered on three sides by streets, one side by an empty lot, and across one street is a prominent Catholic high school.

There will be folks around during the day, but we're considering a guard for the evening.

What say ye?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

no question. get a company to manage it.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with Adrian on this. You avoid all the hassles of employee-management relations. "Leave the hiring to others.

And get some dogs, street dogs, to serve you too....No problem with salaries or holidays..

HB

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with HB 100%. Dogs. Something has to wake up the guard.

Good luck, Ringo

5. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a private security guard. The night I was shot he hid under his bed.

Matilda

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They hired a security guard from a company at my apartment complex and when I came home one evening he tried to demand money from me.

That was his last day.

I hate dogs, but they get the job done that's for sure.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

As for the guards hiding? Yes. But first you have to wake up the guard.. dogs will. The guard will most likely not defend. He could fire some shots, but most likely will not give himself away. Cellphone or walky-talky that he can call HELP. Perhaps a "panic button" that will turn on lights of very loud noise... then he can hide.

Good luck, Ringo

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It must go by area. HB & adrianb know cobraboy's area so their advice would stand. It wouldn't be the advice I'd give for some of the more tourist oriented areas, knowing what we know about some of the security companies.........
    In the area where I live in PP (well heeled Dominicans) those who have security guards have them as employees of the family & loyalty is engendered through family connection, good salary & knowing the employees for many years. In tourist areas many security companies rotate staff so the loyalty bit can be missing. But cobraboy has the advantage of a Dominican fiancee whose family may well know some guard companies personally & that makes all the difference.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

CB,
    Check up the Avenue with Andres for both. He breeds guard dogs.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I mentioned getting dogs, I forgot about Jimmy and Timmy. The might strongly object.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast