moving to cabarete

Dec 25, 2007
What is the availability of long term rentals in the Cabarete area? How is the best way to locate them? What is the going rate per month?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
david,
long term rentals are pretty easy to find.
as rocky said, not a bad idea to book a hotel for a week or so while you look.

what's your budget & how close to the center of town do you want to be?

prices range about US$300-$1500+/month. $550-$600 will get you basic hotel type room, a/c, 24 hr power, internet & cable. prices up/down from there will get you what you pay for ;) what are you looking for, i can probably come up with a few suggestions of places for you to look

Dec 25, 2007
we dont need to be right in town. id want something windsurfing frendly. east or west of town would be fine. id like to stay under $1000.00 USD a month. I can go higher if it really makes a difference. security would be a consideration.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
david,
in the $600 range you should find things like cita del sol... Hotel Cabarete Dominican Republic : Cita del Sol, Cabarete Dominican Republic, R?publique Dominicaine, Dominikanische Republik, Republica Dominicana

a tad more should get you a studio in a higher end development such as ocean dream Ocean Dream | Harmony - Luxury condos for rent in the center of Cabarete, Dominican Republic - better than a villa!

1400-1700 should get you a 2 bedroom in the nicest of condo developments for a long term lease

an area to look in for a rental that's near center of town would be in the housing development called pro cab.

personally, i'd stick close to center of town/on the bay like the areas i mentioned above. reasons... safety & transportation (walk most places).
i'd rather take a moto or public car in the daytime to go to/from a

if you're not familiar with cabarete, i'd not commit to anything without seeing it. wait til you're here to search. ask around at kite schools, bars, and check bulletin boards in some of the little grocery stores or sandro's restaurant.

you'll likely find what you want thru word of mouth or a posting on a bulletin board

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Realized I had an incomplete sentence/thought in my post above :ermm:

...personally, i'd stick close to center of town/on the bay like the areas i mentioned above. reasons... safety & transportation (walk most places).
i'd rather take a moto or public car in the daytime to go to/from a beach outside of town than take a moto/public car at night from my home to/from town. if you have your own transportation, then less of a problem, but note that some more of the more isolated homes/condos away from town have had some security issues in the past year or so.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Realized I had an incomplete sentence/thought in my post above :ermm:

...personally, i'd stick close to center of town/on the bay like the areas i mentioned above. reasons... safety & transportation (walk most places).
i'd rather take a moto or public car in the daytime to go to/from a beach outside of town than take a moto/public car at night from my home to/from town. if you have your own transportation, then less of a problem, but note that some more of the more isolated homes/condos away from town have had some security issues in the past year or so.
The OP would do well to heed the above posted advice.
He seems to have the budget to afford himself a nice place in town, so why take a chance of being in an isolated area and run higher security risks, not to mention evening transport inconveniences.