Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Renewal of Vows.

Anyone help me please.
    We plan on renewing our vows on our next trip to DR. We travel out every january to meet all our friends from canada and DR. We thought it would be good to renew vows in front of friends.
    My problem is we do not want to renew at a resort. We want somewhere different. We have drawn a blank so far. Can anyone suggest anywhere like a waterfall setting, a private beach setting etc. etc. Approx 1 hour max from Playa Dorada would be good.

Post Thanks / Like

On the beach, at sunset, at Punta Rucia???
    Or in Río San Juan? Or La Isabela (el Castillo--the old city?)

Or on the top of Isabela de Torres in back of Puerto Plata???

Or at CAFETO on the highway to Moca? Views of the valley in the background

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Great suggestion atop Mt Isabela de Torres HB. On a clear day, the view is beyond spectacular. Also, it is very close to the Playa Dorada complex which was a requirement of the OP.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Mount Isabela does sound good. Is there any way to the summit apart from the cable car? Is there a restaurant at the top. Now a silly question does anyone have the e mail address. Many thanks for the replies

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    Mount Isabela does sound good. Is there any way to the summit apart from the cable car? Is there a restaurant at the top. Now a silly question does anyone have the e mail address. Many thanks for the replies
    I would not think they have an email address but I may be wrong.

You guys could take a hike up there if you so desire...personally, I stick with the cable car and that way you can really enjoy the vistas.

Anyways, good luck and congrats to both of you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I ask about the taxi ride is some of our group will not go on the cable car. I have searched for a web site for mount isabela but have drawn a blank.
    Anyway many thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cable car is okay. There is a road up the back, but I have not been that way for decades, so I cannot tell you if it is serviceable.

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    The reason I ask about the taxi ride is some of our group will not go on the cable car. I have searched for a web site for mount isabela but have drawn a blank.
    Anyway many thanks

I can honestly assure those in your group who have concerns...the ride is 10mins in each direction...trust me, I am not a huge fan myself of things of this nature, but it wasnt so bad and by the time we reached the top and took it all in, I completely forgot my fears.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how fancy or rustic you'd like to have, I can suggest a beautiful setting with a view of Isabella, the ocean, a complete 180 degree panoramic view. It is rustic, 15 minutes from the airport, a few little little cabins.
    I have no financial interest in the place but we do enjoy some weekends there.
    PM me if you'd like more info.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, top of Mount Isabela is BEAUTIFUL! i was there last year and was blown away by the view! i think cable car is really the quickest way up the mountain. the people there have told me you can do it on a jeep but it takes WAY LONGER than the 10 minute ride on cable car....well worth it though, best wishes and congrats on renewing your vows!