Looking to hire a man with a truck to transport some heavy items in Puerta Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Hola,

I was looking for a delivery man at a reasonable price, with a truck or van to transport some large and heavy items in the downtown Puerta Plata area this week?
If anyone knows someone personally, please PM me.

Gracias

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks a bunch!

I called Carlos and he was so helpful and kind!
He referred me to a great CUSTOMS BROKER who helped me deal with
Aduena/Customs.... and the difficult process of getting the stuff I shipped from Canada to the D.R. out of the port! And to think I was going to originally do it all by myself, with my basic Spanish! LOL
Even Dominicans use a customs broker....everything goes smoother!

He then referred me to two nice men who had a truck who moved my barrels to my house at a REASONABLE and FAIR price!

***If anyone is thinking of or is going to be shipping anything from another country to Puerta Plata please PM and I will tell you the process i went through and hopefully that will help you.... so you know what to expect and can plan in advance on the 'BEST WAY' to steer through the MAZE! LOL
I will also highly recommend the customs broker I used... he helped save me a lot of money...he was worth every penny I paid him! I discovered that a lot of big D.R. business owners use him too to assist them with their business shipments! So I lucked out and had the best man to help me.

Thanks to everyone on DR1 who has been so helpful and kind!
Much appreciated! I owe some of you a drink! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.